Tutorial and help

• Hello guys. I got esp 8266 and some addressable led strip. It work on wled. Also tv is from 2017 manually rooted, installed homebrew with piccap and hyperion ng. I need toutorial or some help step by step to make this work because I have no idea how to set up things. Any help would be good. Thanks in advance :)

• Select Led Output > Controller type: wled. Create LED layout.

Test if you can use colors and effects.

In PicCap see screenshot.

backends can be different depending on the age of the TV.

regards pclin

• In the WLED WebUI you set the led strip. LED number and color order. In the Hyperion WebUI, choose wled.

LG

Justscan On

regards pclin

• Thanks for your reply. After some time last night I think I found my problem. My tv is from 2017, lastest firmware update i think is 4.7.x but when tv was rooted i think I saw webos is 2.x.x . On github it said 3.5 is minimum. As far as I know there is not possible to update webos? Is there another way around to make ambient light, or I have to buy new tv (are new ones possible to root) :D Anyway thanks for your help

• You can run Hyperion on a PC, RPI Dreambox etc. with an external digital grabber.

New LG TVs can still be rooted, there is also a method for the new WebOS versions.

From Webos 22 you have to get SSH running again, there are instructions for that too.

My old TV from 2017 works with PicCap and Hyperion, there are 2 versions "core_os_release" and "webos_manufacturing_version"

With grep -h -E '"(hardware_id|core_os_release|product_id|webos_manufacturing_version|board_type)"' /var/run/nyx/* can you read them when you access the TV via telnet or ssh.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• As far as I know, that won't work.

kernel, core_os and webos do not fit.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

The backends should work for PicCap.

ls /usr/lib |grep libvt

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• If the libraries are available on the LG, the PicCap backends could work, I would then test them.

You can also create a config.json for PicCap without the PicCap GUI.

With RPI, splitter and external grabber you get external sources to shine with Ambilight. But PicCap and Hyperion on the LG is the better solution.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks, I aint use outside grabber, as a matter of fact this tv goes on sell list now. I will try to buy new one, and use esp simple as that. Also android os tv is easier to use ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!