Multiple Monitor Questions

• Hello, I'm new to Hyperion. I've been trying to read what I can and have done some testing with the software on my Windows PC. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Starting with...

I've installed both Hyperion and Hyperion Screen Capture on my Windows 11 PC. I think I understand how to configure my 3 monitors in the Hyperion Screen Capture software. I know I'm getting some input in Hyperion because I can see my test LED strip (via WLED) blink when I move windows around on my screen. What I don't understand is the correlation between each monitor config in the Hyperion Screen Capture to the segments that I've created in Hyperion. What am I missing here? I haven't been able to track down much more documentation than this: https://sabaatworld.github.io/HyperionScreenCap/

Thanks in advance!

• Here's a drawing of what I'm trying to do. I have 3 monitors. After reading that there are some limitations using segments with WLED I figured for ease I would just use one per monitor. That way in Hyperion I could just configure 3 separate displays with their own config. But after spending some time with the layout editor I'm wondering if this will even be possible. You'll notice in my drawing I have gaps in the LEDs where the monitors meet each other. That seems to be a challenge in the layout editor.

I just thought of another potential challenge. The screens on the left and right are in portrait mode. With the left one being 'flipped'. I'm going take a guess the capture software won't be able to deal with this as I don't see any settings for orientation.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SpicyBanana () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by SpicyBanana into this post.

• You can also edit blacklists and the LED configuration in the layout editor if necessary.

Hyperion always calculates from 0 to 1 for all sides, the LED layout is crucial for orientation.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can apply any custom layout you want.

You are not limited to use the Classic or matrix layouts.

See https://docs.hyperion-project.…/Advanced.html#led-layout

I suggest you first configure your way of capturing the screens and then look how it’s is presented in the preview.

If preview is ok, you can configure a layout…

• Thanks for the suggestions. I may have found a way to setup the layout of my left/right displays:

But I'm still struggling with how to assign the capture sources to those displays. When I first run Hyperion and then start the capture software I get messages about the connection to the server establishing. If I got into Hyperion under my display 1 layout I can enable live video and it shows my main screen. But if I switch to my display 2 or 3 layouts nothing shows for live video.

The only other place I've found that seems to show a relationship between the layouts and capture sources is under Remote Control. But if I try manually select it there I don't see any changes back on the live video. Then even for my Display 1 live video stops working with an error 'failed to get device properties'

• Offizieller Beitrag

Note, you can only display one Flatbuffer or Protobuf feed at a time (but that to all LED instances).

I do not know, if you can send all three screens as one picture by HyperionScreenCap into Hyperion.

Maybe as an alternative, check what the Hyperion internal Screengrabber does combining all three screens.

• I was probably making things too complicated. It does look like the built in capture will grab all 3 displays as one layout. Thou I tried to wrap my head around LED layout wiki but I just can't make sense of configuring it in text so I'll just have to do it this way, leaving out the 'gap' at the bottom/between my screens.

Thanks for all of the suggestions however.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!