Newbie questions for someone trying to setup hyperion on Windows

• Hi everyone,

I've only just found out about hyperion and after seeing several videos about it, have decided to try it out.
    I don't have a rasberry pi, but after looking at the windows software I have found success in using it to capture my monitor to control the lights on my Razer devices.

Next, I'd like to try connecting an LED strip that surrounds my monitor- however I can't for the life of me work out how to connect it.
    First I had a light strip with a cheap bluetooth controller (that appeared to only be controlable through a phone app, but could not work out how to connect it to hyperion.
    Secondly, I bought a proper wifi light strip today (Powertech Smart Wifi-RGBW LED Strip Lighting Kit), which has an IP address which I assume hyperion can connect to, but I can't get hyperion to talk to it for the life of me. It's connected to the same internet connection as my computer of course.

Any tips? I'm super stuck here and don't know what to do. Any help is much appreciated!

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • A popular solution is ESP8266 or better ESP32 with WLED Software.

Welcome to WLED - WLED Project

LED SK6812 RGBW or HD 107S

See also https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/user/leddevices/

USB/Serial and Network controllers

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Thank you very much for your replypclin! Hmm I see, it sounds like I need more things then...

Forgive me for my lack of knowlege in this subject. I assume then I need a esp8266, connect it to an LED strip, power supply, flash WLED on it, and somehow control it thorugh hyperion on my windows computer?

I'm thinking of using something like this, would that work? And if so are there any guides on how I can set it up? (I know that flashing it is detailed already in WLED) but I mean in terms of connecting it properly with my light strip.

Furtermore, how can I tell if my light strip is compatible or not? EG LED SK6812 RGBW means nothing to me, but I assume I can find this somewhere on a light strip box?

I'm thinking of using something like this: https://www.jaycar.co.nz/duino…BoCIkdisEJsMaAtwnEALw_wcB
    https://www.jaycar.co.nz/smart…chText=led%20strip%20wifi

PS: I also have a nanoleaf light strip. Would hyperion on windows be able to connect to this light strip without the need for my own controller? Or do I need the WLED controller?

I apologise in advance for all the questions, thank you very much for your help!

• Hyperion can also work with Nanoleaf.

Your LINK is a stripe with a controller that is probably not compatible with Hyperion.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000890862758.html

regards pclin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hyperion supports the Nanoleaf openAPI and it works with Nanoleaf Shapes, Canvas, Elements, Lines, andLight Panels

A commercial Strip that works with Hyperion is the Cololight strip.

Unfortunately, every vendor uses its own protocol. Therefore, you cannot just look for Wifi capability, but for the protocol and vendor.

• Thanks again for the clarification everyone. Ahh fiddlesticks, so I got the only Nanoleaf product that Hyperion can't talk to...

Okay, it sounds like if only supported controllers work, can I please get confirmation if any of these commercial controllers work with hyperion and if so, which ones?

I've looked for a couple in my area and here's what I can get:

Yeelight Controller

Cololight controller

Philips hue controller

If I get any of these, will they be able to easily connect to hyperion on my computer? I'll plan to go out and get one today.

• Update:

Attempt with a Yeelight strip. I can see the device in the wizard but does not change colour when I click the identify button. Any help?

Log:

Code
    2023-04-23T04:24:42.503Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'yeelight' signals error: 'All Yeelights failed to be opened!'2023-04-23T04:25:00.499Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Cannot resolve mDNS hostname for given service [YeelightLightStrip-C849._hap._tcp.local
    • Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I've looked for a couple in my area and here's what I can get:

Cololight has LEDs addressable individually.

That works. I have a Strip myself.

The Philips Gradient has only 7 segments, i.e. 7 colors which do a gradient between.

Not (yet) supported by Hyperion, as Gradient devices require a new API version.

Yeelight can only do single color updates (regardless of the number of LEDs)

Best would be to have an ESP with Strip as pclin outlined.

In Germany you can buy something packaged up, but I doubt they ship to NZ.

Maybe in your region something similar is available…

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!