PicCap + Hyperion + WLED (WebOS) All installed, how do we get them to talk!

• Hey guys,

As the title says, i've got my WLED lights all set up. I've installed PicCap and Hyperion to my TV everything seems to be running. I've also installed Hyperion to my laptop and configured the lights around the TV. I'm now though at the point where i'm looking at how do i actually get all of these things talking to each other.

Apologies if i've missed something in a guide.
    All help is really appreciated,

• With WLED do the LEDs work?

In PicCap you enter the IP address of the device on which you want to run Hyperion.

For hyperion on the LG 127.0.0.1.

In Hyperion you select Controler wled and create your LED layout.

Settings WLED

regards pclin

• Yep WLED is all configured and i can successfully control the LEDS

Hmm i guess my hyperion on the LG doesn't fully look like the interface you've posted on the left there. It has a black window saying:

Service Elevated: Yes

Daemon Running: Yes

Daemon Version -- Version info... etc etc

Autostart - set to true

Start

Stop

Reboot System

the result at the bottom says Daemon Started

So PicCap should have the IP address of my WLED instance ?

Again thanks for the help buddy :) this is going to be awesome and i can feel i'm close

• This is only the App,

Code
    Service Elevated: Yes
    Daemon Running: Yes
    Daemon Version -- Version info... etc etc
    Autostart - set to true
    Start
    Stop
    Reboot System

You have to enter the IP of the LG in the browser.

IP:8090

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• pclin - Ok i had everything up and working and it was great. I then went into wled looking to increase brightness clicked override once, upped the brightness and removed the power limiter. However now i can't seem to connect to WLED at all. Even plugging this back into my laptop to reflash makes the device pop up for about a second. Lights go to orange for a second and then move to i think the last colour they were on (red).

Not sure how to progress and hope i haven't fried my board.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't panic, act logically!

If something doesn't work, start with the LED and WLED. Select colors and/or effects, does it work then check Hyperion, look at the dashboard, there is status and LED Output On. Check incoming data from PicCap, Remote Control > Source Selection > webos Flatbuffers Server.

Lights go to orange for a second (bootmode) actually shows the WLED and the LED's are working.

Can you connect to the WLED UI?

If you make settings in WLED you don't have to disconnect from Hyperion (override once).

You only need override once if you want to use WLED colors or effects and send Hyperion or other programs to WLED at the same time. Via the star top left corner you can switch to realtime mode back.

In Hyperion select Settings level Expert, go to System > Log > Log-Level > Debug. Read what is there, copy the log and attach it here as a text file.

regards pclin

• So plugged them back in and nope i can't seem to get to WLED at all. I've also tried plugging back into my laptop to reflash and it shows up as a device in WLED for a micro second. I haven't changed the DNS for WLED.

Following your hyperion instructons i can see this in the log:

2023-04-24T17:40:45.413Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Cannot resolve mDNS hostname for given service [lights._wled._tcp.local]!
    2023-04-24T19:01:45.283Z [LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Resolved mDNS hostname [lights.local.] timed out
    2023-04-24T19:02:33.440Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:213:sendClose()) Send close to ::ffff:192.168.1.68: 1000
    2023-04-24T19:02:34.024Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:30:WebSocketClient()) New connection from ::ffff:192.168.1.68
    2023-04-24T19:02:34.233Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:149:handleInstanceSwitch()) Client '::ffff:192.168.1.68' switch to Hyperion instance 0
    2023-04-24T19:02:34.535Z [WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1220:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.1.68

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't connect to WLED, the device is no longer recognized and reflash or erase_flash doesn't work, then the board would be defective, but I can't imagine it.

Also check if WLED is in access point mode.

Once flashed, re-flashing or updating is best done via the WLED UI > Manual OTA Update.

Hyperion does not find a WLED and therefore cannot send.

Read here

Install WLED Binary - WLED Project

regards pclin

• I had it set up to lights.local as well as the IP but neither are working.

If i'm really quick i manage to get to the port selected when flashing and it starts to load before saying

There is another application using the serial port. Even if i turn off the wifi the board keeps defaulting to the red lights and is unresponsive.
    I genuinely think i've just got a broken board. The problem is if i order another i want to make sure whatever settings i changed wouldn't do this to another board.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It occurred after the WLED power limiter was removed. Wrong wiring could damage the ESP.

How is everything connected, how many LEDs and how many volts/amps does your power supply have?

regards pclin

• 5v 2.1amp it's a usb plug and it's about 110 LEDS

So I looked at the wiring and embarrassingly one of the cables had come loose. After plugging it in, the device was connected to wled for about 15-20 seconds before then disconnecting.

I rechecked and everything is still plugged in and connected. It's very odd.

• Offizieller Beitrag

5V 1Ampere is the maximum for the ESP!!!

You need a power supply for the LEDs. The ESP may be damaged.

The brightness limiter is set to 850mA by default to protect the ESP from destruction.

Zitat von WLED WebUI

Enable automatic brightness limiter:

Automatically limits brightness to stay close to the limit.

Keep at <1A if powering LEDs directly from the ESP 5V pin!

If you are using an external power supply, enter its rating.

Getting Started - WLED Project

LED power calculator

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!