Stream to two WLED segments on the same device

• I have a QuinLED Dig Uno which has two assignable LED data lines. I'm also running Hyperion *directly* on my LG C8 TV (awesome!!), but I can't use USB to stream serial (which means I can't use HyperSPI, etc.). Instead, I have them connecting to Hyperion over ethernet.

I have just under 300 LEDs (60 m/s SK6812), currently connected as one strand, but I was wondering if: a) splitting them into two segments would yield a noticeable improvement in the refresh rate, and b) Hyperion/WLED could treat this as a single continuous strip? I know I can do this as two separate segments in WLED proper, but would this "just work" in Hyperion, assuming I have the segments setup contiguously in WLED?

• Offizieller Beitrag

WLED allows to stream to one segment only, if you enable segment streaming.

Nevertheless, if you have segment streaming disabled, hyperion will stream to all LEDs regardless how many segments are defined at WLED.

In Hyperion's WLED configuration you should see the total amount of LEDs, if segment streaming is off (which is default).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Motivation for Segment Streaming is not performance, but to use a WLED setup generically and have a dedicated segment streamed to.

Sample

There are 3 segments:

1. Left of TV/monitor

2. TV/Monitor

3. Right of TV/monitor

On a day to day basis all 3 segments are used to illuminate the room.

In case of Hyperion Streaming there is the ask to stream to segment 2 only without affecting the other two (to keep the focus on the TV).

Before Segment streaming support, always ALL LEDs were streamed to, now you can stream to one segment of preference.

Note: the segment streamed to must not overlap with other segments.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!