Best layout/configuration for my setup?

• Hello,

I have my TV on the wall (it is a Samsung The frame) so i do not want to use led behind it.

However I have some cabinets directly under my TV with a soundbar on it.

I have added 3 separated led stripes:

- one behind the soundbar, just under my TV (it is a little shorted than the TV) - 70 leds

- one on the left side - 101 leds

- one on the right side (under the cabinet) - 70 leds

All leds are from a single WS2812B. I cut the stripe to have 3 phisical segments. They are connected to a single power supply for powering and to three different data PINS on the single ESP32 (WLED) that is driving them.

All works good from the WLED web interface (3 segments).

I also have added hyperion integration and WLED integration to my home assistant server.

My goal is to have the center stripe (under the TV) connected to hyperion with classic ambilight syncronization.

For left and right stripes it wish to achieve one of these results (in order of preference):

- right segment (under the cabinet) in sync with TV stripe (sync to TV image) for the segment directly under the TV; left segment and remaing part of right segment in sync with whole TV image (as a single led sync)

- left and right segment with a single color (like a single led instance to not distract too much) and not in sync with TV

- leave both free from Hyperion server to drive them from HA with some light effect (while Hyperion is driving the TV led).

Which is the best setup to achieve this?

Follow schematics of my phisical setup....

Thank you!

Chris

• chrispazz

Hat das Label Advice needed hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You are most flexible with 3 ESP's, you will probably not be able to achieve your expectations via the segments.

regards pclin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you can achieve scenarios 1. and 3.

For 1. you need to do a custom layout.

Hyperion would need to be configured to stream to all LEDs, i.e do not configure for segments (while having segments on WLED.

It depends how you count the LEDs, but you might need to create four groups and stich them together later

a) For the TV LEDs you map the bottom part of the scree

b) for the left Haft of the right strip, you map the right half of the screen

c) for the right half of right, you map per LED the whole screen (or map a zero rectangle to have it black)

d) for the left strip you do as c)

For 2. you enable segment steaming in WLED

And then configure the TV segment in Hyperion. Then Hyperion will only update this segment. The other two you can still control by WLED.

• Wow, thank you very much for your help.

To build my custom setup, can I use web interface to create each single part of layout configuration and then merge them in the same file?

C.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!