HDMI 2.1 setup

• I am coming from a Dreamscreen 4k with a WS2813 LED Stripes (44LEDs / M, 5.75m Roll, 253 LEDs) and am looking to upgrade. I now have a 4k@120hz 77" OLED, a powerful gaming home theater PC, and a PS5. I would like to be able to do 4k@120hz w/ ambient lighting and VRR. I think the following hardware will get me most the way:

hdmi 2.1 splitter/downscaler which will get me from 4k@120hz to 1080@120hz

1080@120hz capture card will have to adjust for HDR in the software I guess

Once I confirm its working with those I will get this splitter so I can have both PC and PS5 attached

Now I am curious as to how I should attach this to my current LED strip. My plan is I would run Hyperion on my home theater PC. Then can I just use a ESP32 board like this with WLED and send the signal from my PC over ethernet? Would rather not run a RPi if I don't have to, but if its better for latency I can. Should I change/upgrade my LED strip? Also looks like I can still use my Dreamscreen sidekicks as they can be flashed to use WLED https://www.reddit.com/r/dream…ick_with_wled_esphome_no/

• You need a 4k@120hz splitter and switch and the splitter needs to be able to scale to 1080p 60Hz output for the grabber.

The grabber must not be able to handle 120 Hz.

The Y&H Grabber with Loop Out can only handle HDMI input resolutions up to 4K @ 30Hz.

You don't need an RPI.

The ESP with WLED is sufficient.

Better results than WS2813 can be achieved with SK6812 RGBW or HD107S/HD108S

If you have an LG TV, PicCap and Hyperion on the TV would also be an option, then you only need an ESP with WLED.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• I haven't found anything that can change the refresh rate. Can Hyperion not accept 120hz even if its only at 1080p? Wonder if I got one of these if it would just drop the extra frames it can't handle

I was planning on getting the switch later once I got everything working. Here is a rough idea:

Then later would add the switch if all works well:

• That could work with the EZCOO splitter, then a grabber that can process 4K 60 Hz at the input.

USB > HDMI Video Grabber, 1080p
    Mit diesem USB Grabber kann ein HDMI Gerät an einen USB Port angeschlossen werden. Der Grabber unterstützt Eingangsseitig Auflösungen…
    www.berrybase.de

or a grabber with Macrosilicon Chip MS2109 and USB3.0.

The lowest resolution that the grabber can output is sufficient for Hyperion, 640x480 60 Hz.

The max. resolution of your LED is required, Hyperion has to calculate it down to that.

60 Hz for the LEDs is more than sufficient.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Seem to be having trouble replying, my posts get auto deleted. Anyway, If you look at the details of the EZCOO on amazon it says it doesn't change the refresh rate:

【4K 120Hz HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 out VRR G/Sync 】Aluminum 8K HDMI splitter for Dual Monitor Duplicate/Mirror; Distributes one HDMI source to two HDMI displays; IMAX HDMI splitter converter bypass HDCP strip for IMAX DIGITAL 2K-4K【Only OUT 1 support CEC; ONLY OUT 2 down-scale 4K 120Hz source to 1080P 120Hz TV, OR down-scale 4K 60Hz to 1080P 60Hz only. NOT down-scale 4K 120Hz to 1080P 60Hz,D-olb-y Vision input】To keep 4K120 stable quality,pls order together hdmi 2.1 cable B0BB78BFNJ

So not sure if the grabber can downscale the refresh rate for me or not.

• Zitat

NOT down-scale 4K 120Hz to 1080P 60Hz,D-olb-y Vision input

Dolby Vision cannot be scaled.

Ask EZCOO for this, Amazon is not a reliable source.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!