Problem on RPi3 Lock/unlock handler- Session bus is not connected

• Hello I have already checked around the forum but I can't find any solution. If someone knows how to solve the problem could explain me step by step?

sudo systemctl status hyperion@root returns like this:

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is a misleading error message and was already fixed (https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/1605)

The message is just about that Hyperion cannot listen to screen locking/unlocking events.

It is not an error.

• Thanks for your answer. So as I am a noob, could you please let me know how to solve this issue? If it is not an error, what could it be?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hyperion is able to listen to screen locking/unlocking events, if the underlying operating system supports this.
    Your OS does not support that feature why originally

Error: Lock/unlock handler- Session bus is not connected"

is logged.

As this is not an error and confused users including yourself, the message was rephrased to

Info: The lock/unlock feature is not supported by your system configuration

to inform the user that the lock/unlock feature will not be available.

Hoping that clarifies.

• Thank you, it is much more clear for me. If buster is not supporting this Hyperion version, can i build/install older one?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What exactly is your problem?

Hyperion runs perfectly under Buster.

Buster with Xserver the message shouldn't actually appear.

regards pclin

• I have installed the Hyperion as it is indicated in the guide. However, it is not working, Web server is online, everything seems fine but I can't get lights from LEDs. According to logs, I got this error

Error: Lock/unlock handler- Session bus is not connected"

I am not sure how to resolve the problem...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems you are running a headless system which is why you see the message that there is no screen locking, as you do not have a screen.

If you have problems with LEDs not lighting up when you run an effect, you should share more details on your LED setup and a FULL debug log.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And again, this isn't a error, you don't have to fix it.

If the LEDs don't light up, there are other reasons.

Hyperion debug log!

Attach here as a .txt file.

regards pclin

• Offizieller Beitrag

There's nothing unusual in the log.

This must be due to the LED or wiring. Possibly also settings in Buster.

Do colors or effects work? Is there a live video of the grabber?

regards pclin

• Grabber is working well (I am not using screen grabber) and i am able to get preview. Wiring is ok because i am able to use another pi (RPi4 with LibreElec) without problem. Also, same settings are working well on RPi 4. Color effects are not working, LEDs are lighting up randomly and random positions. I am suspicious of Buster settings but not sure what kind of settings should i check or set...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!