Add CEC support to my ambilight setup

• Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how I can enable and use CEC in my ambilight setup.

My goal is to use my AppleTV remote to turn on/off the TV and to control the volume (currently both are not working with the remote).

As far as I have understood, I will need a CEC HDMI splitter. Is this correct?

If so, which one do you guys recommend and where in my setup should I place the splitter (between which components)?

My setup can be found in the attached images.

Appreciate your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could 'teach' your loop out grabber CEC, connect PIN 13 through, there are threads on the board for that, or use a splitter with CEC support (overall a better solution than a loop out grabber).

regards pclin

• You could 'teach' your loop out grabber CEC, connect PIN 13 through, there are threads on the board for that, or use a splitter with CEC support (overall a better solution than a loop out grabber).

regards pclin

Appreciate your answer.

Would this splitter with CEC support do the job?

https://amzn.eu/d/ajuS307

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not suitable as a splitter only supplies one output that can be switched. Has no EDID management and scaler.

See the linked thread where devices are listed that work.

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!