BTF lighting 144LEDS/ meter vs 60/meter

• Looking to make an Ambilight setup for a 100" projector screen. Saw a tutorial on Youtube byChris Majestic .I want to use 144/meter, he uses 60.. Has anyone tried this? Is more is better? Will I be happy with the lower count? or will I wish I had used more?? 144 strips are only sold in 1 meter lengths, so soldering will be required. Is this doable or worth the effort? :?:

• 30 to 60 LED/m are the better choice for Ambilight.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hey! Tx for your reply. I'm quite anxious to get this up & running. Home theater includes AWOL short throw on 100 inch. NUMEROUS iterations as WIP... So...? have you made a system with 60/m? Work OK? Any issues you can share? ..Love to see your syst demo... I'm following all the advice I've seen from Chris Majestic that he's posted on Youtube.

• In general, 60 LEDs is a good choice.

But if you go for perfection, it depends on your setup.

How close is the wall behind your Strips? In what direction are they mounted? How far behind the screen are they mounted?

Do you use defusers?

I had the same thoughts on my first project and 122/m is lot (!). But if you need very(!) bright light and don’t care about power consumption, go for it. I’m not sure if there is a limit of LEDs you can control with Hyperion. If you need a lot of meters, also check that out.

What I tried is getting a short strip with 60/m density and try it out. So you see if you need it more or less dense or bright. Also helped me in the direction I wanted to mount them.

I bought the same type of strip I used for final project. That way I can replace defect LEDs with the Demo strip ones.

Have fun! :)

• Right now I have my 100" mounted on lighting (professional) tripods. A little squigly & moves a bit each time...so my AWOL laser has to be tweeked wayyyy too often. Eventually moving up to ceiling mounted motorized. Behind that I plan on having high quality room darkening pull down shade ( hell maybe have that motored too). with the LEDs attached to the shade. Both will be a few inches from the wall...so on your thought 60/m should be plenty? At 88" X 48" it'd be 120 LEDs x 65-70 LEDs. Total LED layout - 380 LEDs square. Gonna use BTF WS2815.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!