Flickering LEDs with Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W and 12V WS2815 LED Stripe trying to implement ambilight behing my TV

• Hey guys,

I try to install my hyperion ambilight but I observe crazy flickering which I can not explain and can not find any reason. In this video you can observce the filickering:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZRuUd3fDUkEDv9ch8

Here are two pictures to show my "setup", currently just for test purposes.

Raspberry pi zero w2 / 2 W gets power via usb and ground (white cable) is connected to the 12V power supply ground. Blue cable is the data line. I connected it to the Data Input of the ws2815 led stripe.

WS2815 led stripe gets power from 12V power supply. Data back-up line is connected to ground.

Any ideas why I get this flickering?

What I tried so far:

- I used a esp32 to check if the LEDs and cabeling works and it does. So I think problem is to operate the ws2815 led stripe via raspberry pi?!

So how can I fix the flickering with the raspberry --> ws2815 led stripe?

Maybe another fix: Can I use a setup with the following configuration: raspberry pi for hyperion --> esp32 with wled --> ws2815 led stripe? Any documentation about this?

Thanks in advance for any help and support!

• Zitat

Data back-up line is connected to ground.

Why? How should this work?

Data back-up line belongs to Data

raspberry pi for hyperion --> esp32 with wled --> ws2815 led

works and is a good solution.

Welcome to WLED - WLED Project

regards pclin

• pclin thanks for your reply and the wled wire illustration!

In the meantime, I got hyperrion to work on a wled device (which is shown on the second picture) which operates a LED stripe under my side board where tv is mounted. But it seems that there is some delay, maybe due to network latency and for this reason I want to do it via the rasp pi directly and using a wled device for controlling the stripes.

Here is my hyperion LED stripe configuration:

Here is a new video after I put both data and data backup to the blue cable of the raspberry as told by pclin: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zTwJ3UEYdQne6a926

However, I did not see any improvement :( Please take a look at the video.

But I found something crazy: after removing the ground cable, the LED already works / lights are on. Only when I remove the data cables or the 12V, the led turns directly completly of. Is this normal? Any ideas what is wrong with my installation?

Do I need a level shifter for the data line as on the esp32? Or a resistor? I connected the data line directly to the WS2815 LED stripe.

Thanks for any help!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pati_on_led ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!