Grabber issue, Genki Shadowcast 2 Pro

• Hey all,

Looking for some insight here. I recently picked up the Genki Shadowcast 2 Pro capture card due to its ability to capture hdr and vrr. When I have my laptop as the input my ambilights work absolutely fantastic, but when I switch over to my shield tv pro the lights do not do anything. When going into the web interface the live view shows a black screen. I’m trying to figure out why the input of my laptop would work fine but not my shield pro.

My setup goes like this, hdmi matrix with two outputs, one output directly to my tv and one output to my capture card, then capture card into a raspberry pi. All my devices go into the matrix; my shield pro, laptop, Nintendo switch etc.

• Currentlylive_

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Grabbed issue, Genki Shadowcast 2 Pro“ zu „Grabber issue, Genki Shadowcast 2 Pro“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You will probably provide signals that the grabber cannot process. Then the preview image in Hyperion remains black.

It's best to ask the manufacturer.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I’m very lost have tried a bunch of different things;

With the Shadowcast 2 pro I tried

1: a cheap hdmi splitter that had no hdcp protocol in hopes it would allow a signal from the shield to the capture card

2: changing resolution on the shield

Then tried the elgato 4k x capture card and got the same results works beautiful using my laptop but then when switching to the shield it shows a “no signal” screen when viewed from the web interface.

Unless like you said it’s due to signals the grabber can not process.

So now I need to figure out how I could achieve what I have achieved with my laptop but also be able to have Hyperion work with my shield again too. Maybe a second grabber? I’m up for ideas.

Okay, I found a fix. On the nvidia shield tv in developer options you can change the hdcp option. This got the grabber to instantly work.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Currentlylive_ () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Currentlylive_ into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!