I have tried 3 differnet Pi's and NOTHING works

• Hey everyone,

I've hit a wall with trying to get Hyperion to work on my Raspberry Pi setup, and I could really use some help. I've been at this for about a month now and have tried everything I can think of, but I'm still having issues.

Here's what I'm working with:

• MacBook Pro
    • 7-inch Pi screen
    • 2 Raspberry Pi 4s
    • 1 Raspberry Pi Zero
    • Keyboard and mouse for the Pi

I've tried running Hyperbian on all three Raspberry Pis multiple times, but I can't seem to get it to work. Every time I try to access the IP and port 8090, nothing happens. My router recognizes the connection, but both Firefox and Chrome fail to load the page. The only time I got it to work with the Pi 4 was when it was directly connected to the router, but that's not really practical for my setup.

I've also tried running Hyperion by installing it onto the Pi OS. I've installed Pi OS and then used the terminal to install Hyperion multiple times, but I'm encountering the same issues as above. Only once did it work, but then my LEDs didn't function properly because they were WS2812B Eco. Unfortunately, I erased everything and tried again, and now I can't remote connect at all.

I can't believe that all three of my Pis are defective, so I'm guessing the problem lies with me. I've followed every tutorial I could find, tried using different imaging software, and edited the wpa.suplicant.conf file in every way possible, but I still can't connect unless I'm hardwired to the router.

This whole situation is driving me crazy, and I'm about ready to give up. Please, if anyone has any suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I've tried everything and I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( || || || || || :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: X( X( X(

• I'm relatively new to Hyperion but fair experienced with Raspberry Pis.

I think you need to forget about Hyperion for the time being and focus on getting general network connectivity working on the Pis. If you've tried three Pis and cannot get connectivity working then with the deepest respect it sounds like you need help here, not with Hyperion (yet).

With a fresh install use raspi-config to set the wireless SSID. Set a static IP. Enable SSH. You should be able to SSH in to the IP you set- if you can't SSH then there is no point proceeding with Hyperion as that's not the problem, the problem is network access. Does the Macbook have a built in software firewall? I genuinely do not know. Also if you are using 2.4Ghz make sure your router is set to a static channel that is 11 or below. Above that get's murky; some WiFi points roam using channels 12 & 13 but those are unreliable, at least here in the UK.

If you can't SSH remotely, work on this. If you can SSH then next step would be to make sure Hyperion is running and listening.

Code
    user@pi:~ $ netstat -anop |grep 8090
    tcp6       0      0 :::8090          :::*       LISTEN      581/hyperiond        off (0.00/0/0)

If Hyperion is running, listening, SSH is enabled and verified as working remotely but you still cannot http to the PI then try accessing hyperion from the PI itself using the built in browser. Try IP:8090, if not localhost:8090 or 127.0.0.1:8090.

If you can access Hyperion locally but not remote then you need to check whatever it is that's blocking your client from accessing the PI on port 8090. Proxy settings? Firewall? Access lists?

• Thank you so much for this response.

I have tired like crazy to access all three pis via ssh and i kept having the same issue. When i would try to access the pis the it wouild ask for a password. No login user, just password. I tired every password list i could find of suggest passwords and none of them worked. I am not sure if i am looking at old list, or missing something obvious but couldnt get pass this hurdle!

Any suggestions?

• Just to be clear, you are using/installing vanilla PI O/S? Using this tool and selecting one of the built in builds?

On older versions of PI O/S the default username/password was pi/raspberry. However at some point they changed it to prompt for a username/password when installing. In any case in every build I've ever installed it's asked for username and password when SSH'ing to it. I'm not familiar with MacBooks, it's not a user access control window as part of the Mac OS?

This is what it looks like in Putty.

I don't mind helping but this seems to be centred around general Pi (or maybe Mac) help rather than Hyperion. If the Pi can install Hyperion then (assuming you are using apt-get and not a local copy) clearly it can see the internet, and thus the local network, but seems you're struggling to connect from your mac.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have Hyperbian installed and followed the documentation you should be able to get Wifi and SSH to work.

SSH LOGIN

• User: hyperion
    • Password: ambientlight

WS2812b must run under root.

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

For SPI

in config.txt ( location in boot on SD card)

dtparam=spi=on

regards pclin

• "When i would try to access the pis the it wouild ask for a password. No login user, just password."
    if you are using terminal from your Mac and you are not specifying the username, it will assume you are tying to use the username of the current session, you need to specify the username which I assume it is "pi"

from command line try: ssh pi@IP_address_of_your_pi

The default password is ussually raspberry unless you changed it.

-Los

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the past, the Raspberry Pi OS had a default username and password; Username pi, with password raspberry. This is no longer the case. However, if you are using an older version of the operating system or are working with an existing installation, this default user may exist.

Hyperbian:

• User: hyperion
    • Password: ambientlight

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!