LED Power Question and Parts

• @Jon, Did you check your LED connectors if they are OK? Because I know very well some 4pin connectors does not work and you have to solder cables.

Yes it is working now thanks! The first LED was faulty and so cutting off the first LED fixed everything :)

• I am glad that you are ok now. May I kindly ask how did you find out your first led is broken?

I took a small strip and connected it to test and that worked perfectly fine. I connect that small test strip to first corner of the rest of the LEDS (bottom right corner) and all the LED started to work so I know something was wrong with the initial connection. So after I tried to cut the first LED everything worked :)

• Hi Jon, I'm very happy to have stumbled upon this thread. I'm currently redoing my ambilight setup. Previously I had WS2801 with a Pi and for the most part it worked really well. I did have some flickering issues and I think they were mostly due to use snap on connectors. I've purchased the same SK9822 (similar to APA102C) strips as the link you had in the original post. I'm planning to solder the corners this time and I love that I have double the leds per meter, so higher resolution.

I'm also planning to use a level shifter this time around. I'm plenty fine with all the soldering but for the life of me, I'm not clear on getting the logic/level converter setup and connected properly. It's more that I can't wrap my head around it. I see that you're using a chip and I have one that I purchased that's on a PCB. I've already soldered headers in but I'm trying to understand how to ground it properly and I believe that I need the clock and data lines to run through this?

here's the converter I purchased -

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!