Rpi3 + OSMC + ws2812b hyperion wont start

• Hi i have a problem with getting my LED's to work. I have installed the correct driver for my LED's and installed hyperion through HyperCon with no errors. When i send my config file over and "stop" and "start" it nothing happens. In my log it comes up with:

hyperion.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
    hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
    hyperion.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Stopped Hyperion Systemd service.
    hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service.
    hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Anyone have any ideas what this could mean and how to fix it?

Config: [MEDIA=pastebin]XTUsiywA[/MEDIA]

Thanks

edit: okay i have the rainbow swirl but only after i press "stop". When i press start it does nothing. The log shows no errors and stays at: "INFO: Frame grabber created and started"

• I have had trouble with ws2812 led's driven from Rpi GPIO's before. Something to do with interrupts and bit-banging, I believe. (I'm not a coder i just read a lot) Most folk seem to use a Arduino with ws2812's. It seems that a Arduino is better at bit-banging and no interrupt problems.

Just me thinking out loud. :)

• I have had trouble with ws2812 led's driven from Rpi GPIO's before. Something to do with interrupts and bit-banging, I believe. (I'm not a coder i just read a lot) Most folk seem to use a Arduino with ws2812's. It seems that a Arduino is better at bit-banging and no interrupt problems.

Just me thinking out loud. :)

will try tomorrow, I've luckily got an Arduino here

• I have the same HW Configuration. Current OSMC Version and current Hyperion.
    And I have the same problem seems to be that Hyperion is not starting. Any Ideas?
    My messages that I get:

• your instance is actually failing on initializing the v4l2-grabber - this maybe related to a bug when switching between pal and ntsc, when I had this error, I resolved it by adding „no-switch“ where „pal“ or „ntsc“ are standing in the config. could you verify this?

• Hi,
    This page (Here) has very good info on the potential pitfalls of diving ws2812 leds from Rpi Gpio's.

Try black listing the "Broadcom audio kernel module" as detailed Here.

Or try driving the led's via SPI pin's.

Hope it's of help.

• your instance is actually failing on initializing the v4l2-grabber - this maybe related to a bug when switching between pal and ntsc, when I had this error, I resolved it by adding „no-switch“ where „pal“ or „ntsc“ are standing in the config. could you verify this?

No this does't help

osmc@jb-osmc:~$ sudo service hyperion status
    * hyperion.service - Hyperion Systemd service
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: signal) since Sat 2019-01-19 16:15:47 CET; 13s ago
    Process: 1935 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
    Main PID: 1935 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Hyperion Systemd service.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
    osmc@jb-osmc:~$

I have to say. the screen grab picture in Hypercon works.

• Well I just tested the configuration: "Test (file)" instead of the WS281x setting.
    This started fine. Hm maybe I should just use an Arduino as an intermediate device.

Can somebody give me a good link how to configure and what sketch the Arduino needed?

• Jan 19 16:15:47 jb-osmc systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.

Adding "RestartSec=15" to the [Service] section of the satartup file "hyperion.service" May help. I think.

Can somebody give me a good link how to configure and what sketch the Arduino needed?

The sketch is (Here), It has good comments on how to configure within. If help is needed, just ask the forum.

Hope is of help.

• Mmm.
    I would not say problems. More limitations then anything.
    When using SPI It seems the driver needs the cpu at a specific frequency,(as detailed Here ) So no overclocking the Rpi if driving leds from SPI. And you cant use any other SPI gadget at the same time.

Other then that it should work fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!