no grabber image

• First thing to do is establish the connection between the leds and the uno \.

When powering on the Uno via usb and the leds are attached and powered separately, as in the fritzing image above. The leds Should blink 3 time then power off. Need to make that happen before another step.

• First thing to do is establish the connection between the leds and the uno \.

When powering on the Uno via usb and the leds are attached and powered separately, as in the fritzing image above. The leds Should blink 3 time then power off. Need to make that happen before another step.

I changed it back to pin 10.

The leds do blink 3 times

• Good.

Make sure what usb port the Uno is on. You have "/dev/ttyACM0" its could be "/dev/ttyUSB0"

Make sure with :

Code
    dmesg | grep usb

once without the Uno attached and then with the Uno attached. you well notice the port its on.

Then use hypercon to craft and upload the config file.

If all go's well the leds should shine the startup effect upon Hyperion's startup.

• What does that tell u ?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/a…7_vHDR_On_zps6mqr9lyx.jpg

• Hmm. thought that command would show more.

Well, try both ttyACM0 and ttyUSB0. One is likely correct, one is not. process of elimination.

Restart Hyperion after making changes. One setting well make leds shine the startup. Hopefully =).

• Hmm. thought that command would show more.

Well, try both ttyACM0 and ttyUSB0. One is likely correct, one is not. process of elimination.

Restart Hyperion after making changes. One setting well make leds shine the startup. Hopefully =).

Success

Kinda

[MEDIA=pastebin]HAmUDwLi[/MEDIA]

i have control of the leds now as far as turning them on & off via hyperion ( still no app control ).

They flash on once ot twice on 1 color then flash like mad on all colors for 10 secs

• Change the rate in config from:

Code
    ssh in:     Jan 03 19:56:00 raspberrypi hyperiond[1583]:         "rate" : 100000,

To 500000, or match what is in the sketch for:

Code
    #define serialRate
  • Change the rate in config from:

Code
    ssh in:     Jan 03 19:56:00 raspberrypi hyperiond[1583]:         "rate" : 100000,

To 500000, or match what is in the sketch for:

Code
    #define serialRate

this is in sketch

#define serialRate 500000

its the same rate in the hypercon program

ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "colorOrder" : "bgr",
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "delayAfterConnect" : 0,
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "name" : "MyHyperionConfig",
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "output" : "/dev/ttyACM0",
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "rate" : 500000,
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: "type" : "adalight"
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: }
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyACM0
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: INFO: Creating linear smoothing
    ssh in: Jan 03 20:30:10 raspberrypi hyperiond[851]: HYPERION (CS) INFO: Created

• Hmm. last post has 100000 in the log.

Ok then you need a resistor on the data line between the Uno and led's. A value between 330 to 470 ohm's usually works good.

That should calm the led's and show nice effects.

• Hmm. last post has 100000 in the log.

Ok then you need a resistor on the data line between the Uno and led's. A value between 330 to 470 ohm's usually works good.

That should calm the led's and show nice effects.

Sorry that was because i was messing around with it & forgot to change it.

Ok, next problem i have is the usb grabber when taking a screenshot locks hypercon up ?

• Hyperion needs to be shutdown prior the taking screenshot.

I sure that's detailed in the wiki.

Have tried that .

shutdown via program & ssh

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl stop service.hyperion.service
    Failed to stop service.hyperion.service: Unit service.hyperion.service not loaded.

both ways lock it up

• No resistor , but would that stop the lights ?

even if it took a screen shot U still think its faulty ?
    It is a new one

Yoy maybe right , i cant get it to take another screenshot now

• [MEDIA=pastebin]k7KcCJTK[/MEDIA]

Config

[MEDIA=pastebin]K4Aia8Es[/MEDIA]

The screenshots works very intermittently , on 1 boot they work on another they dont

every time i try to screenshot i get null device, is that correct

ssh out: sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service 2>/dev/null; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion stop 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl stop hyperion 2>/dev/null
    ssh disconnected
    ssh connected
    ssh out: sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service 2>/dev/null; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion stop 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl stop hyperion 2>/dev/null

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!