Hyperion IOS remote

• Since there is only an android version of the Hyperion remote available, I'm going to develop an IOS version of it.
    I hope to have to first build available in the next few weeks.

In this thread I'm going to post updates about the development. If you have any tips you want to share I'm open for everything.

• Make sure to take a look at the new version of hyperion, hyperion.ng. https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    There are many nice things in the json rpc you can use and they are getting more "every day" :)

Looking forward to your app. I can test several things and help with some obj-c questions if needed :)

Thank you for the info!
    I would love to help making an iOS app, but please don't expect to much of me. I'm a beginner regarding swift and objective-c and like most of us I work 40 hours a week. Nevertheless I'm going to do my best!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RaZ0rZzX ()

• Please don't take this the wrong way, I have used both the android app and iOS app and they both work great.

Do the the apps not become mostly irrelevant now we have a web interface on Hyperion ?

Would it not be a better use of overall r&d effort to make the native web UI brilliant ?

That said, please use bonjour for Hyperion discovery !
    I'm happy to help in any way here - I have access to a Mac with developer account

• Do the the apps not become mostly irrelevant now we have a web interface on Hyperion ?

Well, if you ask me. I think you never get that great native feeling from a webinterface. The Apps are not intended to replace or come close to the function set of the webinterface. Further options like integration of smartwatches, short effect playing when new messages arrive and such stuff might be more interesting on the long run.
    At least we keep the possibilities whatever you may want to do.

• Well, if you ask me. I think you never get that great native feeling from a webinterface. The Apps are not intended to replace or come close to the function set of the webinterface. Further options like integration of smartwatches, short effect playing when new messages arrive and such stuff might be more interesting on the long run.
    At least we keep the possibilities whatever you may want to do.

I would agree on that. I think a native app with all features it brings would be better than a webui with mobile support. Besides that I think that the WebUI is mainly for configuration and analysis. Controlling hyperion would be second place I think.
    I think the most users will configure Hyperion via Desktop or Laptop and not via Smartphone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!