Possible Setup?

• Hi Guys,
    i just order my new TV, a quite cheap 55" Hisense UHD model, which i want to give the final touch with Hyperion.

I would like to check back to you if what i want to do is really possible.

So what sources do i have. That is quite easy. A LibreElec HTPC as well as a Windows PC for gaming. That means i dont want to struggle with USB Grabber etc. because i only use the TV as Display.

My plan was now to have the Grabber running on the HTPC and the PC. Hyperion will run on my 24/7 Ubuntu multi purpose TV Server. The LED's i like to hook up to an ESP8266. So the Setup would be really lightweight.
    From what i have seen i will be needing an Level Shifter for the ESP so that the LED's get a clean high signal.

If i have read everything correctly the APA102 LED's are the way to go.

Would it be best to source them directly from China? Are 60LED's/m sufficient and which Power supply do i need? It would be roughly 4m of LED Stripe which means approx. 240LED's to light.

Have i forgot anything?

• ... but be aware, there is less/no/faulty documentation and hypercon won't work, you have to compile and install by your self ... and user support is limited. If you want to develop, then you have to use h.ng, otherwise ... you can try, but if you want it easier, take stable hyperion ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!