LEDs reacting with delay

• I have a lightberry 4K kit for RPi2 and have noticed that the LEDs have a little (but unaceptable) delay when reacting on sudden changes in brightness when using the external framegrabber. I have tried both the USB and GPIO version with same result.
    When using KODI (or rasplex) direct the delay is much smaller and acceptable but I want to use Plex on ATV4 so this in no option.
    I guess it could maybe be a hardware thing with the grabber delaying the signal a bit while grabbing???

Does anyone experience the same issue and maybe even have an idea what to do?

• I thought so but maybe some adjustements in grabber settings in Hypercon or another/better grabber type or... could help.
    I have tried with or without smoothing without any noticeable effect.

• Lower the "frameDecimation" setting from 2 to 1.
    "grabber-v4l2" :
    {
    "device" : "/dev/video0",
    "input" : 0,
    "standard" : "PAL",
    "width" : 720,
    "height" : 576,
    "frameDecimation" : 1,
    "sizeDecimation" : 4,
    "priority" : 900,
    "mode" : "2D",
    "cropLeft" : 15,
    "cropRight" : 15,
    "cropTop" : 5,
    "cropBottom" : 5,
    "redSignalThreshold" : 0.0,
    "greenSignalThreshold" : 0.0,
    "blueSignalThreshold" : 0.0
    },

• Hi Tociek
    I have tried to set size decimation as high as 20 but without any real effect on the delay. I have also tried to set resoultion to 240x192, also without any effect.

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you test the reactions on this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

could be possible that the blackborder detecion is the porblem, cause the whole picture starts in black

• I have now tried disabling Black border detection without any difference in delay.
    Should I still see ambilight at the top and bottom with this disabled?? I thought not but it still does show.

• Offizieller Beitrag

no bottom and top should be off....but can you record the movie part a little bit longer..cause i think its only if you start the movie from black->color...

at the end there is the man on the left and this looks without a delay?!

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!