More than 255 leds?

• Hi there, i never had any luck with the sketches without the prefix above 255 leds, Are you sure it's the right prefix you are using? Try
    0x41 0x64 0x61 0x01 0x13 0x47if this isn't what you were using before. Also, when i used a nano it was quite laggy, if you can i'd go for a Mega or an Uno

• with this sketch you dont need a prefix
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

I had mine working and now I don't know what's wrong. I get no LEDs. I've tried switching from nano to an uno, stronger power supply, and even tried switching the wires to my other set of WS2812B LEDs...nothing. Is there an up-to-date guide on setting this up? I thought I was almost there and now it looks like I have to start from scratch. My hypercon won't even connect anymore. I'm completely lost. The RPi3 is still working.

• Okay. So I figured out why the LEDs weren't responding. The new PSU was connected incorrectly. So, I back to having a startup config, which just says that the Arduino is working. I was also able to troubleshoot my grabber. Turns out the HDMI2AVI converter wasn't sending the signal. NOTE to anyone having issues with this, the converter has to be powered on with external power and hook up to the hdmi source, and the USB grabber BEFORE you turn on the grabber. Now I go to figure out how to tweek the colors, but at least now my leds are working AND I can grab a screenshot.

By the way, does anyone no how to make the colors darker? Also, is it necessary to power the LEDs from both ends? If so, what type of wires would work best?

• Okay. So now I'm getting a error:

ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:20 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0
    ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:20 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): No such file or directory, file /home/sascha/hyperion/dependencies/build/serial/src/impl/unix.cc, line 100.)
    ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Device unblocked
    ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0
    ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): No such file or directory, file /home/sascha/hyperion/dependencies/build/serial/src/impl/unix.cc, line 100.)
    ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Device blocked for 3000 ms

And these last 4 lines just repeat. Anyone know how I can fix this? That folder/user does not exist. Should it?

• ssh in: Jan 22 00:19:42 osmc hyperiond[2420]: Opening UART: /dev/ttyUSB0

That error is saying it can't find a arduino on ttyUSB0.

Maybe the arduino is on ttyUSB1 or /dev/ttyACM0?

Try this to find the port:
    Boot the Rpi once with out the arduino attached and run this at the command prompt:

Code
    dmesg | grep "USB"

Copy or take note of the last 15-/+ or lines,
    Now plug the arduino in the USB port and rerun the command:

Code
    dmesg | grep "USB"

And note the change in the output from before.
    You should notice the port that the arduino is attached to.

Hope it helps.

• Thanks. That did help. So now it's started, and it responds to the app, but how do I get it to react to the grabber?

I am able to take screenshots, so hypercon is seeing it. Is there a setting I need to tweak. Black boarder perhaps...I DID see something in the log stated "border type unknown" or something to that affect. Also, are there SUPPOSED to be blackborders around my screenshot?

• FINALLY!!! Looks like I needed to add a delay. I set it to 500, becasue that's what I read someone else used. Not sure if it needs to be that long, but hey, it works. Just some tweaking to the crop and I should be golden. Thanks for the help.

Now if someone could just find a splitter that will work with 4K HDR, this would be perfect...or at least a really good one at all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!