Ubuntu PC to Arduino or Pi in between?

• I'm trying to figure out something. My media center is an Ubuntu server running a kodi front end. Basically all my media and live TV runs through the htpc except my TV's "smart apps" (Netflix / amazon) and my ps4. That being said my htpc accounts for at least 80% of the media watched in the house.

Why would or wouldn't I just install Hyperion on the PC and hookup my Arduino via USB? I already have a roll of ws8212b LEDs, an Arduino Uno r3 lying around. I have a rpi1 hidden in a box somewhere...

A newer, more capable, pi is cheap (especially the new zero announced), but I'm just unclear what I would gain using that as an intermediary between the htpc and the Arduino.

My TV is a 4k 55" Hisense. I don't have any sort of avr though. The htpc is an ASRock j4205 (Intel Apollo lake) with 16gb RAM. I'm not sure I could easily setup video capture, but it would be cool to have Hyperion working with my ps4 and Netflix.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!