Use Lightberry HD on NUC/PC without Rpi?

• Hello guys,

Quick question:
    Can I use my Lightberry HD kit without a Raspberry Pi? I mean just by plugging the USB in straight into a computer(in my case a NUC), and running KODI on that machine?

If so, what would I need to install? I just used the ISO image straight off the Lightberry homepage for my Raspberry, so not sure how much it is running for it to work.

Why?
    I want to simplify my home setup, so I want to replace my NAS(storing my media), Raspberry Pi(only used for Lightberry over LAN from KODI with internal grabber) and NVIDIA Shield(the KODI player) with just an Intel NUC(mini pc) with an external hard drive.

• It should work, use a premade linux build for your Intel NUC such as LibreElec. Then try installing Hyperion using the Hypercon Java tool method or manually using command line.
    If it doesnt work or you used a different linux distro you can always try to manually compile Hyperion or take a spin on the new and shiny hyperion.ng (Compile Method)

Regarding just plugging in the USB however is another thing, i've checked both the hyperion and hyperion.ng and lightberry isn't listed( see attached picture for hyperion.ng settings)
    try and search the forums maybe somebody has had any luck Edit : Quick search i found somebody that uses the "Adalight" setting, try connecting your lightberry and see if any ' ttyACM0 ' shows up in the /dev/ folder. I can also confirm that on hyperion.ng there is a 'Lightberry Mode' (APA102 is just the type of your led strip, refer to attached picture)

• Regarding just plugging in the USB however is another thing, i've checked both the hyperion and hyperion.ng and lightberry isn't listed( see attached picture for hyperion.ng settings)
    try and search the forums maybe somebody has had any luck

On hyperion.ng lightberry is moved to the adalight driver. there is a "lightberry mode"-checkbox to activate it. works fine for my daily use

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!