Red is reproduced as white

• Hey Guys,

I just want to say, great work, really capable software.

The issue I am experiencing is that when I play an RGB test video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

All the colors but the red are reproduced correctly.
    For some reason the red is almost lost.
    Some of the leds in that area are white.
    All other colors are fine.
    The picture twirls, and it is the same on each side of the screen.

Interesting thing is that when the picture is dimmed, the colors are more true to the ones on the screen.

Any ideas what to try and tweak?

P.S. My config is attached.

P.S. 2 My yellow is greenish, can't really figure out how to fix it.

• Yeah, thanks but I've calibrated based on that Wiki.
    Actually I went through it several times and couldn't really figure than one out.
    Maybe I should have attached a picture.
    The portion of the strip that should represent solid red has strange colors, the leds are not red but instead something of the kind:
    red, red, red, white, white, white, red, red, white...
    It looks like it decides the color wrong. There's nothing else on the screen that would disrupt the processing.
    The red spot is wide enough (you can see it in the video, it's a quartaer of the screen).

When I put solid red on the whole screen, the strip lights as it should.

• Tried it, doesn't really make a big difference.
    I managed to somehow calibrate almost true white and the shades of grey. The yellow is greenish and the green of the TV is yellowish but what can you do.. :D
    It's strange that it's losing the red, since in the dark shades it was lighting almost exclusively red pixels.
    Anyways, I'm tired already, I think I've got a pretty decent result.

Btw, I noticed that while changing the gamma settings, I didn't always get correct output. Sometimes, I get green tint, close the image on the raspy, open the same image again and get red tint (no settings changes in between).
    But it wasn't that much of a big deal. The settings were taken into account eventually.

• I managed to do it somehow, but not really sure how.

I updated the software to the latest (didn't really make a big difference), but it allowed to fine tune the colors.

I played around A LOT with the white ballance, gama, channels.
    At the point I managed to get good white, grey, dark grey (dark grey was really hard), and the red was ok as well.

• Was wondering if I could get some help with my Yellow colour if possible?

My yellow comes out green and I have no idea what changes to make to fix it...

I've done a quick YouTube video with the colours from the calibration page, can anyone help?

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I managed to do it somehow, but not really sure how.

I updated the software to the latest (didn't really make a big difference), but it allowed to fine tune the colors.

I played around A LOT with the white ballance, gama, channels.
    At the point I managed to get good white, grey, dark grey (dark grey was really hard), and the red was ok as well.

Hey patlajan,

could you please be so kind and post your config? I have the same problem and played/searched also a lot but I cannot fix the problem.
    In some config I managed to get a yellow but now blue is magenta....

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jochen

• I'm still playing with my configuration but I've found that your surroundings will can affect how your colors look. I was working with my setup in the bedroom so it was hooked up to the PC and did some basic color calibration. The walls in the bedroom are white so I got it as fairly easy to get a good color reflection but when I took the setup into the living room which has a light tan color it made my colors look different and has presented a whole new color calibration problem for me.

Plus, all LED strips, no matter what kind they are, have different behaviors and different manufacturers with different quality standards compound the problem even more. I know the easy part was building the hyperion setup, the hard part is going to be getting the colors to my liking. Also keep in mind that everyone perceives colors differently so what may look like orange to you may look reddish-brown to someone else.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!