HyperCon SSH does not work with Java 1.7.0_80 (64bit)

• When I originally read your install instructions, it stated that HyperCon works with 1.7+ Java.

When I tried to use the SSH tab features with 32bit Java version 1.7.0_80, I would receive an error regarding "algorithm negotiation failure".

When I used HyperCon with 32bit Java 1.8.0_92 I had no errors using the SSH tab functionality.

This is when trying to connect to the OpenElec sshd

Let me know if you have any questions.
    -Zac

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zac Morris ()

• Hi, I am having this problem too.. Get an error when trying to SSH to rPi / OpenElec. I can connect fine with Putty.

I grabbed a screen shot of the error and what I believe to be my Java version.

Other question.. how can I get the .json config file to upload manually? Thanks!

• PS When you say new release online, I used the link in the downloads section which goes to Sourceforge and when starting Hypercon, it says version 1.02.3 09/04/2016 but I see your post was in May that a new version is up.. maybe I have a old version?

• Hey Rick, I downloaded and installed that version. Where does it install the executable? I want to make sure it is using that to open the jar and not my previous installed version.. I tried using all the executables I could see in the Java folders.. still same error. Works fine in putty and ftp.

• I've tried all versions of java executable I have installed and it doesn't seem to want to play ball?

Anyway to debug exactly what it's upset about?

• I have no external software installed for antivirus or firewall, just whatever is with Windows 10..

Is it waiting long enough before timing out? Sometimes my rPi is slow to login to it..

• In case of a time out you will get a clear message. I have no idea why that happend. Could you try to copy and start HyperCon at the root directory: C:

• It's working fine for me on Win 10 64bit, using both Java 1.7 and Java 1.8.0_92 (both 32bit and 64bit versions).

One thing to double check, as it's bitten me a few times, when you start HyperCon the IP address in the SSH tab, resets. Are you absolutely sure that the IP address on the SSH tab, is the IP address for the RPi you're trying to connect too, that you changed the drop-down to OpenELEC, and that you're using the user/password: root/openelec?

• I uninstalled Java and reinstalled using link from Rick. Java reports recommended version installed and no old versions hanging around

I then verified my connection details in Putty (connects OK)

I can ping the machine no problem

Here is what I have entered into Hypercon (I typed out openelec in notpad and copy pasted it in to ensure the password is correct)

I get this same error every time with two different machines..

Code
    Session.connect: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thebatfink ()

• Can you please try a version which calls including a longer timeout so I can see if this is simply throwing an exception as response is too long..

Code
    connectpublic void connect(int connectTimeout)             throws JSchExceptionopens the connection, using the specified timeout.Throws:JSchException - if this session is already connected, or some other error occurs during connecting. (If there was some other exception, it is appended as the cause to the JSchException thrown.)
  • There is already a timeout error message and wrong username/password error message that plops up.
    This messages plop up around 10 seconds after a click on connect.
    Your error indicates a really weird problem.

Could you try to install a java 32bit version? This will also run on 64bit.
    Would be interesting if this work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!