Rullz 4K splitter showing snow

• Hi all,

I have a Rullz 4k splitter from AliExpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001266503369.html

It's mostly working fine. I power my ws2818 leds (100 of them) with a 5v 15A supply. My rpi3b+ is powered by a separate USB brick. I've tied the ground on both together.

I also have a 1000 uF capacitor between +5v and GND before the power supply hits the led strip along with a 470 Ohm resistor between GPIO 18 and the data line on the led strip.

I have two USB cables running from the rpi to the Rullz splitter, one for power and one for the input.

Most of the time the set up works fine. But once in a while, the split only shows snow to Hyperion and makes the leds go nuts. However, the image from the Chromecast passes through fine to the TV.

I am running Hyperbian on 2.0.0-alpha.9

I've tried the following:

1) setting dtparam=audio=off - no luck

2) unplugging both USB cables and plugging them back in - sometimes this will work, but annoying to do

3) disabling the instance and re-enabling in UI - sometimes this will also work, but shouldn't have to do this.

Anyway seen anything like this?

Thanks in advanced!

edit: only plugging in the input from the Rullz and the rpi (ie no power cable) also runs fine for the most part. But it also runs into this issue. Originally I thought it was because the Rullz splitter wasn't getting enough power so I plugged the extra usb power cable in.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von misosoup7 ()

• This is HDMI video capture card with loop out and no splitter! ;)

It can be an HDCP problem.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• I have already set the fps/resolution low and selected the specific camera etc; and it doesn't seem to prevent it.

I'm on rpi 3b+ with 1280x720 resolution, decimation of 6, and 15 fps. It seems it mostly needs me to unplug the hdmi input and replug that in. Weird...

• misosoup7: Like pclin said, it could be a HDCP issue or HDMI handshake problem. This cheap China crap usually has mostly

no ARC, CEC or HDCP. Maybe it would be better to use a real splitter with a good video capture card. You will find good quality splitters under the FeinTech brand.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Ok yeah I followed that, and it seems that for whatever reason. The device sometimes works better than other times lol. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason. Literally toggled on and off a bunch of times...

So my next question is that if I get a proper splitter, which I found some decent ones. But those seem to output to HDMI. What's the recommended way to connect the HDMI output to the Raspberry Pi 3b+?

Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von misosoup7 ()

• Do you have a US brand you would recommend. Feintech doesn't seem to ship outside of Germany.

Not true. I ordered from Germany to another EU country

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!