Hyperion and flightradar feed

• Hi there, I am running Hyperion without problems on an SD card. Now I bought a second card because I want to feed data to flightradar24. So I set up the new card with raspberry OS, installed the fr24 software, this works fine. Now I am failing to get Hyperion running on the new card. It always says "Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service". Any ideas? Thanks :)

• jewast

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Hyperion and Flightaware feed“ zu „Hyperion and flightradar feed“ geändert.
  • First start Hyperion in console hyperiond -v to make sure that it works, if that works we get the service to run.

By default, the service is only installed on headless systems.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hi pclin, thanks for your answer! Apparently Hyperion is not running. Ist says
    "error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot ope n shared object file: No such file or directory"

So you think it is better to set up Hyperion first and then the other stuff?

• Thanks for your answer! I used Hypercon to install it.

When I do it the suggested way, after getting the public key I get this message

• Hypercon hasn't been supported for a long time and doesn't work with the current version anymore.

Install the current version and it will work.

Releases · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation - hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    github.com

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• I tried Lord Grey's way and yours, pclin.

Lord Grey's method:

Nothing happens after "wget -qO- https://apt.hyperion-project.org/hyperion.pub.key | sudo gpg --dearmor -o /usr/share/keyrings/hyperion.pub.gpg"

I also tried Hyperbian, after install no connection to Pi possible (access via browser; my-RP-ip:8090).

Now I tried Hyperion Next. After install and starting it nothing happens...

• HyperBian | Hyperion

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• @Lord Grey: Yes, it is connected and runs fine

pclin: I tried that, acess via http://IpOfYourPi:8090 does not work

Finally I got it (hopefully) installed. Reformatted the SD card and set it up new.

Now, when trying to configure the LEDs via Hyperion Web Configuration I have these messages in the log:

2023-05-05T18:59:53.380Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'file' signals error: '(5) Zugriff verweigert, file: (NULL)'

2023-05-05T19:01:23.382Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Previous line repeats 6 times

2023-05-05T19:01:23.382Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Device disabled. Maximum number of 6 attempts enabling the device reached. Tried for 105 seconds.

GOT IT! Thanks for you outstanding help!

Ambilight, flightradar, planefindet, everything is running smooth :)

Some settings within Hyperion have been wrong, e.g. the LEDs. Way more to configure compared to Hyperion ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jewast () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von jewast mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Please describe what hardware you are using exactly, LED, controller and what you have set exactly, screenshots or a complete debug log would be useful.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Good morning pclin. As already mentioned I got it to run finally. But I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 with WS2801 LEDs, grabber, splitter etc. I think it is pretty much the basic set up you find on the internet.
    Right now I am just having the problem that the colors don't match. But I think that can be solved, too :)

Once again, thanks for your outstanding support!

• RGB Byte Order Wizard

regards pclin

• Yes, found that finally, too. Now I have the problem that the colors are not correct. It's blueish-white when it should be red. I installed kodi but I don't get any visuals when connecting the PI to my TV (ton configure access). And I have no clue how to get the pix on my TV via HDMI so the Ambilight works.

• You can only work with sources that run through the splitter to the TV and USB Grabber. If you have multiple sources, you need an HDMI switch or AVR before the splitter.

Which splitter, grabber and power supply and how many LEDs do you use?

regatds pclin

• Yes, I am aware of the sources, I had it running properly on the old SD card ;)
    I am using a 5V, 10a power supply, CSL slpitter and a LogiLink grabber. Total is 137 LEDs. I am pretty sure it is not a hardware issue. It's just the configuration of the LEDs. Unfortunately the live video seems not to work properly.

• Hyperion cannot deliver good colors with the live video.

Colors or effects with Hyperion, colors OK?

There is a problem with splitter and/or grabber.

LogiLink grabber is an analog grabber that also requires an HDMIAV converter, both of which are no longer used today for 10€ there are better modern USB grabbers.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Warum zum Geier dachte ich eigentlich, dass das hier ein englischsprachiges Forum ist 😂 Wahrscheinlich im Basteldelirium.

Ja, der Konverter hängt auch dran. Denkst du, es ist sinniger, den gg einen neuen Grabber auszutauschen? Ich wundere mich halt, da es mit der alten SD Karte wunderbar läuft, aber mit der neuen stimmen die Farben teils nicht. Die RGB-Reihenfolge stimmt, in Hyperion zeigt er rot als schönes rot an, grün als grün.

Während ich die oberen Zeilen schreibe, komme ich auf die Idee mal den Konverter anzuschauen. Steht wie immer auf PAL. Dann switche ich spaßeshalber auf NTSC und plötzlich läuft der Mist… Warum auch immer. Jetzt zeigt er auch das Live Video in Farbe an. Sollte ich trotzdem den Grabber erneuern?

Gibt es in Hyperion eine Möglichkeit, die Helligkeit der LEDs anzupassen, da habe ich nichts gefunden.

• 10 € für einen Digitalen Grabber lohnen sich, bessere Qualität, weniger Geräte und Kabel, weniger Fehlerquellen höhere Auflösungen bis UHD am Eingang möglich.

LED Instanzen > Bildverarbeitung > Helligkeit und Helligkeitsverstärkung

gruß pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!