Need help before i go buying the wrong stuff

• so im planning to start this project on my tv soon

will have a ws2815 with a esp32 running wled

for the hyperion i plan to use pi zero and then link between the two

my hardware is , xbox x, ps5, nvidia shield which has netflix on it, and also the tv has a native netflix on it which i guess if complicates thing i can just have it removed and use only from the shield.

tv is LG 86UK6500PTB - it is updates so no go on the homebrew software solution.

currently they are connected to each hdmi port on the tv

to make things simpler, i have a denon avr2700 that i can run everything through, and output one hdmi to the tv.

The tv has 2 hdmi output so heres my first question

1. can i use that 2nd hdmi output into the capture card to save me a splitter ?

2. as for the capture card, which one will do the trick here? do i need to make sure the card supports HDCP 2.2 before buying in order to run netflix content through it ? or thats only a concern on the splitter side(the avr in this case which to my understanding supports it)

3.im still not certain whether i do a esp32 with the led or run it all through the pi zero and only hyperion, i should mention the led strips i have a 144 led per meter, havnt measured yet but i can guesstimate the parimeter of the tv is about 5-6m so were talking nearly 1000 led here, i know the data line on the esp can handle that as i did it already, can the pizero too ? the power line will come from a separate psu of course.

thanks

• Zitat

LG 86UK6500PTB - it is updates so no go on the homebrew software solution.

Have you also tried the LG Crashd method.

1. If your grabber has the same EDID data and capabilities as your TV, then yes. Because this is actually never possible, it is better to use a splitter with EDID Copy and the corresponding properties that you may need (e.g. 4K 60Hz, Scaler, HDCP, CEC, ARC)

2. Grabber with macrosilicon Chip

3. 30 to 60 LED/m is actually optimal for Ambilight. The closer to the wall, the more. At a distance of approx. 6 cm at 30 degrees, the closer to the wall the greater the angle, max. 90 degrees.

ESP32 for control should work.

Voltage and GND should be connected approximately every 150 LEDs.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hello,

I'm looking for the same "solution" and thought it over many times.

Would this work perhaps for our Denon 2700 AVR perhaps then?

Denon:

HDMI 1 out to TV to not loose CEC, ARC etc?

HDMI 2: EDID capable device (EZ-SP12H21) that EDID's to 1080P for a grabber.

The "handshake" is still there, but I doubt if this works.

Another option would be to have a 4K 60hz capable grabber on HDMI2, but then you don't have full potential from XSX or PS5 I guess.

If I am correct, pclin already answered in an older threat (2021 or so) that the HDMI 2 highset option, will force the HDMI1 to output that signal.

Best,

Bastiaan

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you set the splitter to 1080p EDID, HDMI 1 will only do 1080p.

Either EDID Copy (OUT 1 > TV) and 4K Grabber (OUT 2 > HDMI IN) or Scaler on the splitter to 1080p.

However, there will be problems with Ambilight with more than 60 Hz VRR ALM and DolbyVision.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks.

Still I'm so freaking confused:

OUT1: Splitter with EDID 1 to TV, 1 to grabber/capture device. This will result (unless buying the Dice) in loss of CEC, ARC and still will result in max 4K60Hz.

or

OUT1: To TV

OUT2: Grabber with 4K/60Hz, downscaling to 1080P will also result in max 60Hz on HDMI1 if I understood the explanation from you in another topic well. But I will have CEC and ARC still.

Correct?

Best, Bastiaan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!