windows dual monitor -> grabber -> raspi Pi Proto buffer

• Hey everyone! Trying to get a new Hyperion setup going!

I have a windows PC with dual monitors.

I have installed the Windows Frame Grabber/screen capture

I am using flatbuffer and/or protobuffer to connect over wifi to raspberry pi. (I have an extra, I do not have an arduino)

I have a raspberry pi with raspbian installed and setup with LEDS and all is functioning correctly.

my problem is hyperion on the pi will only receive one monitor or the other. (using live preview confirms)

If I enable BOTH displays in the windows screen capture, hyperion on the PI receives both monitors' information, but flickers between the 2 displays. (like frame 1 is monitor 1, frame 2 is monitor 2, frame 3 is monitor 1, frame 4 is monitor 2, etc)

I noticed in the actual HYPERION program on the PC, i can select "QT" and "ALL DISPLAYS", is there a way to send that information to the raspberry PI hyperion to drive the LEDs?

is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? :?:

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
    • Offizieller Beitrag
  • Thank you so much for your reply pclin ! <3

I believe this is the fork I am using, maybe I am configuring it incorrectly.

When I try to add both monitors, the pi tries to combine the feeds in alternating frames, instead of the monitors being side by side.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong....

I'm at work, and not with my PC. I know I should wait to reply, but I won't be near the PC for a while.

I've made a crude mockup of what I remember my settings looking like. let me know if if I've done this incorrectly...sw1g9IT.png

• Hey pclin, I've finally made it back to my PC.

I have verified I am using the latest version of the distro of the windows screen cap software you lin

Here is my ACTUAL config, could you help me understand what I might be doing wrong please?

here is an example of what my hyperion server (raspi pi) is receiving from my windows frame grabber. you can see the 2 displays are almost "z-fighting". I am dragging a window around on my left display.

https://i.imgur.com/ONarnyH.mp4

• Offizieller Beitrag

You send 2 image streams to one Hyperion instance.

See IP's and Port from the documentation Screenshot.

regards pclin

• Hi and thank you so much for your help and time with my project, pclin !

I truly do appreciate it.

I thought I replied with a detailed post on 2/4 including logs and screen recordings converted to GIF, etc, but I'm not sure what happened to it I don't see it here anymore.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I am understanding correctly or not, because I think I am already doing what you are suggesting?

I have 1 instance of the latest release of hyperion (2.0.16 from 1/18/24) running on my Pi over network @ 192.168.1.11:

NB8I75i.png

using the latest release of HyperionScreenCap from:

Releases · sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers. - sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    github.com

Here is my monitor configuration:

UnKSdAi.png

Here is screen cap config:

QDHBn4d.png

individual monitor configs:

monitor 1:

idt8fBS.png

monitor 0:

m2bwM9p.png

Windows Screencap software is connecting, and transmitting 2 separate streams

Hyperion server is receiving those streams, but interpolating them together, instead of side by side

here is my live view:

MP4 screen recording hyperion live view interpolating

DASHBOARD view interpolating between dual monitors

My hyperion server will process just 1 stream at a time just fine, if I disable one or the other.

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like you configured it that way that you feed both monitors with the same priority, why the image always flits between monitors.

not sure, if you can configure via screencapture one big screen.

Zitat

I noticed in the actual HYPERION program on the PC, i can select "QT" and "ALL DISPLAYS", is there a way to send that information to the raspberry PI hyperion to drive the LEDs?

You can capture with the Qt Grapper both Screens as one and then you would use Hyperion Forwarder to send the image to the Hyperion on the rpi. You activate the Forwarder via the network Settings.

Alternatively, you connect your LEDs to Windows e.g. via WLED to save the extra hop.

Edit: You can also use the standalone hyperion-qt.exe to capture the screens and send directly to Hyperion rpi.

Then you do not need the forwarding.

• mattress

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!