I kinda need help understanding how this works

• Sorry I don't want to seem dumb or anything, but I was looking around for some ambient light management with all my Home Assistant automation. Someone pointed me here to this project. I've read the Documentation through, but I don't get how the system gets a video signal? There doesn't seem to be anything in the docs about that. I understand the led driver side and my initial playing around with the software and the hardware interface for the leds and that all seems straightforward. But... like how does the video signal get sent to my Raspberry Pi? My setup is fairly simple. A Rotel RSX-1562 and it's inputs are just a Rotel CD14, Panasonic Reference BluRay, and a Roku. So I have a lot of control over configuring inputs and outputs on my central receiver. But my Raspberry doesn't have anything like a video input. I saw some posts on something called a looper or something? If there is other Documentation I'm missing or something I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Splitter connected to the Rotel HDMI out.

One output to the TV, the other to an HDMI/USB grabber, USB to RPI.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!