Direct connection ws2812b to RPI3 or use Arduino pro mini

• Offizieller Beitrag

use adalight on the arduino and connect it via usb to the pi, and then connect your leds to your arduino )

• use adalight on the arduino and connect it via usb to the pi, and then connect your leds to your arduino )

I'm aware of that. My question was different.

1. How to do it without arduino (on led ws2812b )? I have found the solution above but have never tried yet. Maybe someone does?
    2. How to do it with arduino pro mini and connect to GPIO on RPI

• I've done both with good success.

A 2812 can de used directly with either the ws281x or ws2812spi led drivers.

I've also written a small arduino avr program to take SPI data and resend it as 2812 data

Super can you share how you did it?

Without arduino:
    How you connect leds to RPI
    What config do you use on hyperion.
    Do you use converter? What kind?

With Arduino pro mini:
    I'm wondering is it realy necessarily to use some kind converter (5V - 3.3V) between arduino pro mini an RPI.
    How you connect them?
    What config you use in the hiperion?
    Could you share the arduino project?

• Have you looked at the wiki ?
    https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/3-Wire-PWM
    I have yet to document abusing the SPI bus yet.

My SPI to ws2812 stuff is here
    https://github.com/penfold42/stuff/blob/master/README.md

I've never bothered with level shifters - I had some minor corruption on one strip that the level converter didn't fix - turns out my wemo controlled fluorescent lights were causing interference

how the hell I missed it. Thanks a lot.
    One more question. I'm trying to do it on openelec. Does I need some change in the system to activate the GPIO.

• Hello!
    I have ws2812b strip led and I'd like to set an ambilight for my TV. I checked on internet and I saw that for this type of LED strip you need an Arduino to run. However, I algo found this Hyperion wiki explaining how to set without an Arduino. I did all the things described but I get an error and it is shown when I boot raspberry:

ssh in: May 17 20:51:43 osmc-Theophilus systemd[1]: Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service.
    ssh in: May 17 20:51:43 osmc-Theophilus systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    ssh in: May 17 20:51:43 osmc-Theophilus systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

I really really wish to use just raspberry without Arduino, but I don't know what to do.. Please, anyone know what's going on? I attached the config file.

Please! Help me!

• I got it working using WS281X-SPI and set force_turbo on! But half of the LED Strip is ON, does someone know why???? I am using 5v 20a 100w power supply for the LED Strip

• I have another issue now!! I am using a 5v 30a supply and I want to power the LEDs (about 150) and the Raspberry together. So I plugged the LEDs and the Raspberry together but Raspberry is showing a "lightning" icon that means that I am powering less than 5v. If I disconnect the LEDs, Raspberry works without the lighting icon. So the LEDs are draining the 5v? Is there a way that I can supply in this way without drain 5v for Raspberry?

PS: I am not powering the Raspberry to GPIO, I am powering to mini USB

Thanks again!

• Hello, can you send us the hyperion conf file for the WS281X to work?

I've added on the pin 8 (GPIO 14 TXD) the converter level and then connected to the data in of the led strip.. but the leds don't light, what am I doing wrong? I am just testing hyperion + rpi3 + leds, no video capture yet.

• No way, what you using OPENELEC?

I am so pissed, wasted days now to solve this, I have it same as you have it and its not working.

Its some software issue here, must be.. can you tell me exact versions you use?
    I have Rasp pi 3 B

• Funny if I have MyHyperionConfig in "name" I get cannot connect to host.

If I have "name" : "MyPi", it connects but has other issues..

how is your config.txt looking like?

• I use Hyperion directly on a Stretch Lite image, I use HDMI Input, no media player or anything on it. For the test, I used a Pi 3 B, latest hyperion and hypercon.

config.txt just has
    max_usb_current=1
    dtparam=spi=on
    added.

Try this image, it contains a fully set up hyperion (still need to config it properly):
    [MEDIA=googledrive]1P5EYPAGexLDlyfdXKSOLKifzUr00K35c[/MEDIA]

For testing, I literally just flashed the image, sent the hyperion.config.json to the proper folder, and it worked.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!