Stuck colors

• smoothing means: collect colors for a certain time and set calculated median color to leds. As the nature of median color is, that mostly darker colors gets more attention then brigther colors. That causes some delay, until brighter colors settle.

The other thing is you have blackborder detector activated. This feature is more for movies, then for desktop usage. I recommend to disable it.

• Thx for the quick replies.
    Yes, I know how this feature works, more or less:D. And I wouldnt even notice it on movies/TV, it's just noticeable on desktop environment and games with some kind of menus or loading screens or whatever.

The thing I wonder about is that sometimes colors get stuck for a long time and then, the other second, they fade out correctly (on same settings).

Blackborder detection is deactivaed/removed from config file. It is just my crappy cam trying to handle the light environment that makes it looks like it.
    Min luminance is on 0, I handle the backlight settings directly with v4l2 values.

• if "updateDelay" in smoothing is used, this would always freeze colors earlier as it should. if updateDelay is not used, it should work as expected - or better say I didn't notice any problems with that and the code looks good to me in that case.

I will make a fix in hyperion repo for updateDelay issue

• Latest update fixed the problem for me. Thank you!
    My solution to get the backlight I want was pretty simple :D raise the brightness of the captured picture. I did not want "full black" to emit light, but still darker colors to get noticed by hyperion.

These are my current settings

Code
    v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=chroma_agc=0
    v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=chroma_gain=65
    v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=saturation=60
    v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=brightness=172
    v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=contrast=80

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!