how to get screenshot without need to kill hyperiond

• Hello, I get screenshot from hyperion on raspbian with these commands:

Code
    killall hyperiond
    hyperion-v4l2 --screenshot

Is there any way how can I get screenshot from running hyperion on the fly without killing it?
    This would be very helpful.

• There's an issue suggesting something similar via the web interface :
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/320

hi penfold42, thank you for your reply, unfortunatelly I don't understand how to use your ":8099/grabber/snapshot.jpg". It would be great for me to find mentioned "we can display the screenshot of the grabber in LED Configuration just like in HyperCon" in any format. Any idea please how to send command (and which command) for this? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

he wanted to say that it is for now not possible. we are working on it.

but for now you can not grab an image without killing hyperiond...what is the problem if you kill hyperiond for a few seconds to take a screenshot?

• I was thinking about this - I will make tiny script to check screenshot and its content and if content is the same for lets say 10 seconds, it should do some action. But killing and restarting hyperiond in this case it is not optimal/unusable. So if hyperiond could output current screenshot "on the fly", that would be great for this purpose.

P.S. My idea was to get image (something like screenshot) from currently viewed video and if it is pure blue for lets say 10 seconds, then send command to turn leds off (when no video signal is detected).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von peter ()

• you could loop video0 to video1 and video2. so video1 you can use for hyperiond and video2 you can use for your script to controll the image :)

great idea! :) Thank you TPmodding. Maybe this would be helpful for users, who have rainbow no signal hdmi2av image. (not my case, just idea as a quick workaround)

• Do you plan to share your script? :)

yes, sure :) Unfortunately I'm overwhelmed now, and this is not my top priority, because I have just one hdmi2av with rainbow image. All other hdmi1avs I have are with blue picture and this seems work with v4l2 settings. But when I finish it, I will share it.

I need to know how many users need this for black / blue / rainbow image. Any idea how can I post poll for this here?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!