hyperion service failed to start

• Hello,
    hyperion collapsed when I was setting colors over websocket, so I wanted to restart it like this:

Code
    sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json

but it failed to start, log is here at the bottom.

What is wrong with this? When I reboot my raspberry it works again.

log:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nov 2 14:49:26 raspberry hyperiond[478]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    Nov 2 14:49:26 raspberry hyperiond[478]: what(): VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory

but without config and infos we cant help you,

can you try

sudo killall hyperiond
    befor you start hyperion

• hi friends,
    here is my config file

• hi there, any progres with this?
    This issue happens when I am selecting static colors/efects and switching to "live" mode few times quickly. I must always restart whole Rpi to get it working again, because hyperion fails to restart (looks like grabber is somehow preventing hyperiond to start)

• Did you try unplugging and replugging the grabber as I asked earlier ?

yes, unplugging and replugging the grabber solves it but this is not permanent solution (also rebooting solves it). But is there any "programmatical" solution for this? (I hoped I can write script for "resetting" grabber without rebooting whole device)
    I would like to solve it without rebooting/unplugging the grabber. Or even any idea why it happens that hyperiond crashes and needs to be restarted?

• Have you tried just removing and reloading the kernel module ?

I am thinking of "modprobe -r <module name>" and "modprobe <module name>" to reload it. I listed modules with lsmod and there is several modules where stk1160 is in field "used by". Which specific module should I reload please? Or should I reload all modules where stk1160 is written?

I tried this when "VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory" happened but then it did not help. Maybe I try to apply it right after hyperion starts (or I try to apply it as a permanent to /etc/modprobe.d/stk1160.conf).

• I am thinking of "modprobe -r <module name>" and "modprobe <module name>" to reload it. I listed modules with lsmod and there is several modules where stk1160 is in field "used by". Which specific module should I reload please? Or should I reload all modules where stk1160 is written?

I tried this when "VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory" happened but then it did not help. Maybe I try to apply it right after hyperion starts (or I try to apply it as a permanent to /etc/modprobe.d/stk1160.conf).

I tried both mentioned things but none of them worked :/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!