LED Strip help

• Hey guys- could I get some opinions on which led strips to buy? I just upgraded to a 77" OLED which means I need to cover about 6 meters of length with leds and I'm having a hard time finding that long of length in APA102's. I was hoping to at least go 60 leds p/m as well. Does anyone have some advice on different strips to use or where to buy the length I need? I haven't built a Hyperion setup for like 4 years so I've been out of the game for a while. Thanks!

• Thanks! Three years ago when I did my second build I was told that the WS2812's were not as accurate of color as the APA102's - is that no longer the case?

I can't tell because I've never compared, but with color calibration in Hyperion I can get exactly the same color on my wall as on my screen...

• In this post Admin wrote some reviews about LEDS https://hyperion-project.org/t…which-led-is-the-best.35/
    I saw in other specifications SK9822 was choosen. People writes that WS2812 is problem to connect directly to raspberry pi and you have to use arduino/esp32 or something like this but for me that is not a bug it is a future :p ( You have wireless connection and you can control LEDS with home automations). Look at this config https://www.reddit.com/r/homea…rpi4_4gb_and_hyperion_ng/
    I'd like to add WS2812 is 50% cheaper then APA102's. I'm still looking too for good's and cheap LEDS.

• Yeah for sure. I actually saw that list on the reviews but was trying to figure out opinions from users as well for whatever reason they chose their route. I found that guys YouTube videos earlier today and I really like his setup. He may have convinced me to go the route of esp32! I've always been curious but this may be the time to do it. I think I'm settling in on RGBW SK6812's. Does anyone have an opposition to that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

RGBW SK6812's are best to go right now

• Which white do you choose ?
    (RGBCW 6000-6500K ;RGBWW 2700-3000K ; RGBNW 4000-4500K), this LED strip have differences white colors. SK6812 in 60 leds in 1 meters it's enough ?

I didn’t see you could get different white levels. For me I have to get about 6 meters to get the edge of my tv. I’m going to have to buy two rolls and supply power to each of the sides in order to keep the power consistent and even.

• Which white do you choose ?
    (RGBCW 6000-6500K ;RGBWW 2700-3000K ; RGBNW 4000-4500K), this LED strip have differences white colors. SK6812 in 60 leds in 1 meters it's enough ?

These are the ones I was gonna get:

BTF-LIGHTING RGBW RGB+Natural White SK6812 (Similar WS2812B) Individually Addressable 16.4ft 60LEDs/Pixels/m Flexible 4 Colors in 1 LED Dream Color LED Strip IP30 Non-Waterproof DC5V Black PCB

• On amazon you can choose which white color.

I am unsure which white to choose- I never realized there were different options until you brought it to my attention haha- good catch. Which one would you go with?

• I have the SK6812 RGBNW and after connecting them to pin 19 - GPIO 10 (https://pinout.xyz/pinout/spi) it seems to be working fine, but I have couple of issues:

• first led is always the same colour and is not changing with the rest
    • the config is a bit flaky and sometimes I need to switch to a different LED chip and back to make it work (I use ws2812spi)
    • in case of RPi3 and RPi4 I think you need a level shifter 3.3v to 5v - in my case it was blinking like crazy and was not useful
    • even with a level shifter, I have occasional blinking of the LEDs that I do not know what might be a reason for (maybe my soldering, but I doubt it)

This was tested on version alpha 8 & 9 so should not be a software issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!