Capturing via framebuffer not working, solid color is fine

• Hi,

My LED lights are connected to a Raspi running HyperionNG and I am currently using a sheild tv with the android capture to remotely send image information to the raspberry pi. The lights work fine in this case.

I am setting up a new HTPC with ubuntu 20.04. Got kodi installed and running fine. Now I got hyperion.ng installed and setup to send image data to the raspberry pi. That works in the sense that it *is* sending data but the lights are not reflecting what's being captured. Specifically only a subnet of lights are on, and they do not flicker or anything. Seems like it is static data.

My setup on the new PC is using framebuffer capture. That's the only option I have. To further test things, if I use the HyperionNG remote on the new PC to set a static color, that works fine. So the issue seems to be the framebuffer capture. I have confirmed that `/dev/fb0` has the right permissions for the user running hyperion (and confirmed I can read from that device) but not sure what else to check here. Any thoughts?

If there were a way to delete this thread I would (maybe I am missing it). It dawned on me that it might be the console framebuffer and not what is being output by Kodi, so I am going to dig into that

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cmsimike () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by cmsimike into this post.

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Debug log please.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hyperion requires a window manager currently. If you run a headless Ubuntu server that will not work.

Maybe easier to install the Ubuntu Desktop version and have the prerequisites done…

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!