LG Webos Help

• Okay, so I've done all the google'ing I can handle. I've got an old DIY Prismaik setup on my LG tv. I saw that with my tv rooted I could run Hyperion on it directly and not have to use my pc anymore, I'd love that. Did some digging and got Hyperion.NG and PicCap installed, and read somewhere that I need a RPi to drive the LEDs.

So what I can't figure out is how to send the signal from Hyperion on the TV to the Pi, or am I going about this all wrong?

• If would rather go with WLED installed on a Wemos D1 mini, or better a ESP32 with copper ethernet.

I run mine over WiFi which turns out in flickering when there is heavy load on the network. RJ-45 and hardwired should do the job sufficiently.

Hyperion is going to be configured with WLED as LED hardware.

good luck

• Okay, so I finally figured out for to forward the output oh the TV instance of Hyperion to my PIs instance.
    However now I can't get it to actually work with my led strip for what ever reason. I'm using a ws2812b, it has three wires Live, Ground, and Data. I've got it wired into the pi with ground on on pin 9, and data on pin 18, power has its own supply separate. I know my strip works, as I've been using it up till now just fine, and the pi works seeing as I'm able to connect to it web server. So I'm really confused why its not doing anything. No response from byte order wizard, or anything ells I could think to try.

Okay update. I did a little more digging and noticed the log is telling me i need to run HyperBian as root, and to do that I apparently need enable ssh. So I made the empty ssh file on the boot partition, and I can't login. Just getting invalid password.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Malvazar () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Malvazar into this post.

• Offizieller Beitrag

HyperBian | Hyperion

• User: hyperion
    • Password: ambientlight

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

----

Why don't you use Hyperion on LG TV?

ESP with WLED to control the LED.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Why don't you use Hyperion on LG TV?

ESP with WLED to control the LED.

regards pclin

Because I'm out of work right now due to a disability, so I'm working with what I have. I tried ambilight on an arduino nano directly connected to the tv via usb, but again got nothing from it. Figured the tv is to old or something got it back in 2015.

https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/user/HyperBian.html

• User: hyperion
    • Password: ambientlight

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

Yeah I did all of that, and used my Linux terminal to ssh over to the pi. It does not ask for the username, and will not accept the password. I pulled the sd out a couple more time to check if I did it right, and noticed the the ssh file keeps disappearing. Not sure if that's normal.

• Update

I was able to get it running as root by using the command console on the pi directly, and figured it that I had my data pin connect to physical pin 18 not gpio 18. Changed it and it works perfectly now. Thanks for trying to help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!