Paar leds gaan steeds aan

• Ok, so I installed a new OSMC without Hyperion. Result, first 1 or 2 leds turn on after some time. After a couple of hours, the entire right side of my tv was lit white/blue.
    So definitely not a Hyperion problem...

I'm going over to the OSMC forum to ask what could be causing this.

• Hello

and sorry for not responding for a long time. I was in hospital the last 14 days and of course, I had no time and not my mind focused on ambilight problems. But I now can give you the specs of my system:

It's a tutorial based selfmade solution with a Raspberry Pi 3 that controls 101 WS2801 LEDs. I don't use any grabber since Kodi and Hyperion run on a single Pi. The Power supply is a 10A 5V box that powers as well the LEDs as the RPi.

Btw: in 90% of all cases the last LED shines green. But it also happened that it shines blue or lilac.

Looking at this thread's feedback, it doesn't look as if many other users have the same problem :-).

• A small statement: Yes there was a change, to reduce cpu load and stop unnecessary output the led device no longer outputs data if there is no new data if you use smoothing. If your Hyperion is at "idle" (-> no new data to process) no output is created. So there is currently no difference between a Hyperion in "idle" mode, a stopped Hyperion process or a Pi that is shutdown. There is always a weird effect if you don't unplug Pi and led power at the same time.

ping @redPanther

• My guess is that this behaviour is caused by electro magnetic interference. My first 2 LEDs also light up when Hyperion is off. Mostly when I switch off my AVR. In the moment of switching it off the relais release the voltage on the condensors, so there is an electro magnetic field around the avr for a short time. Since the LEDs are near the avr, the field might cause a false signal in controller chip of the LEDs and thus the LEDs light up. Because there is no new signal from hyperion the LEDs hold the last signal which is why the LEDs keep lit. A greater distance between the LEDs and for example avrs and shielded cables to the LEDs could help. This at least is my theory, didn't test it.

• [QUOTE="Doc.Ex, post: 2073, member: 89"this behaviour is caused by electro magnetic interference.[/QUOTE]
    Wow, that's a really goof hint and a reason I would never have thought of.

But it seems you're right. When running and stopping my receiver, after the fourth or fifth time, the LED starts to glow. Right in corellation to a certain receiver action.
    Unfortunately, I guess this is the hardest scenario to fix the problem.

BTW, I have a Pioneer VSX 827 Receiver. Maybe there are better and worse receivers out there!?

• It doesn't matter what brand or quality your receiver is. As redPanther said, the only way to solve that is to use shielded data cables or increase the distance of the data cables from the avr and other unshielded cables.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!