1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperion/HyperCon Android Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by BioHaZard1, 8 July 2016.

1. BioHaZard1

BioHaZard1 Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Yeah that's a good point I agree. Hopefully, Kodi does not enable the secure flag at all.

It already scans for ZeroConf device on launch. It discovers ZeroConf device and adds them above the saved ones. ;)

2. Rick164

Rick164 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi2, +Arduino, +AtmoOrb
    Looks awesome!

[​IMG]

• Thank you Thank you x 1
  3. ShadowXVII

ShadowXVII New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Question @BioHaZard1, does the app let you control brightness of colors on the color wheel, like the standard app?
    AFAIK that can't be done using protobuf alone, so is it perhaps achieved using a combination of protobuf & JSON?

Reason I ask, is that I'm building integration between two LED systems; it uses protobuf exclusively (due to rapid, low-latency updates), and wondering whether I'm going to have to bring JSON into the fold...

4. Brindosch

Brindosch Administrator Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Greetings,
    The interface has been moved from proto to json as far as i know, because the protobuf interface is a lot behind the json interface in terms of functions.
    It is possible to expand the proto interface and make it as strong as the json is by simply copy the code with some adjustments. I had no time for it, maybe someone other can do it (commits are welcome).

Sad, i can't help you for the moment.

5. ShadowXVII

ShadowXVII New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Thanks for the info.

Am I right in thinking the brightness and the color wheel is achieved using Set Colour and a Transform (e.g. value) in two commands via json?

6. BioHaZard1

BioHaZard1 Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Do you mean brightness of the colour or the lights? If you are referring to the colour you can do this by the 'setcolor' command.

7. ShadowXVII

ShadowXVII New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Yep, was referring to "Value" from the HSV model.

8. ShadowXVII

ShadowXVII New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Oooh, sorry, ignore my question -- thought perhaps that Hyperion was doing something with the RGB and somehow adjust the brightness (V) independently. In my testing, I think it might have just been my script playing up :)

The RGB suitably controls the brightness :facepalm:. Now to reduce latency!