How do I enable GPIO?

• Hey Everyone!

I'm restarting my Hyperion setup from scratch with a fresh install of Hyperbian. However, I'm not getting any output from the GPIO. I've found and tried these commands that are supposed to enable it:

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root

However, that didn't fix it. I've tried an update and full-upgrade as well. I haven't found anything in the documentation.

What are the correct commands to get the GPIO to respond correctly?

Thanks again for making a great product!!

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Have you read the Hyperbian documentation?

root is only required for ws281x

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

Settings level Expert > Debug log please

And more information about your system and how you connected and set it up.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hey pclin,

Thank you for your help!

I've run the command you provided and it greatly improved the results. Now instead of just the first two LEDs lit, most LEDs along the strip are lit. However, they are not responding to output commands from Hyperion (they are not changing colors). The debug output is listed below.

Also, the sudo command you provided is not listed on the documentation page you linked and is not found on the documentation site at all (view results here). Adding this information to the Hypberbian documentation would be very helpful to anyone using GPIO output.

Thanks again for your help!

Debug part 1:

• Debug part 2:

...and the setup is a Pi Zero with header pins and ws2812b LED strip. It was running fine last year, but a bad power supply blew out the Pi and LEDs. I'm just now getting around to recreating it with a new Pi, power, and lights.

Thanks again pclin !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Phade () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Phade into this post.

• Phade

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
  • Use at least 2 GND pins on the Raspi, just a tip

Second, evade to use jumperconnectors but instead solder directly on the Pin

It has to do with resistance and ledstrip is very sensitive about power/current drops..

• Ahh, nice! Thanks for the tips!!

I have also heard that adding a capacitor across the LED strip will help with abrupt power changes. Is it actually advisable to install a capacitor for power regulation?

Thanks again for your help!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!