Hyperion Raspberry PI 4 4K h265 HDMI Signal drop

• thanks again (crossposting from LE forums :D)

but can anyone explain what the width/height setting actually does? i don't quite understand

:edit
    this "fix" also works with Hyperion.NG
    i set width/height to 640x360 (default is 80x45 here) and there is no more HDMI signal drop when playing 1080p 25fps / 50hz

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pho08 ()

• I have a solution !!! (1080p TV)

Go into your json file and increase your width/height from 64 to 512.

Now all my netflix videos working with internal grabber!

johnny,

does you rpi4 works with hyperion?

• I also have the issue with my Pi4 and 720p & 1080p video's. Already tried to change the width/height, but makes no difference.
    On my Pi3 I had the same issues, but less. Sometimes it seems like a hdmi handshake issue with my receiver. But as soon as I turn off the internal grabber it's working fine again. External grabber is always working fine.

• No, I don't have a 4k tv. All signals are going through my AV. I never setup any whitelisting. Is this needed?

• If you have no 4k I do not think you need to whitelist.

maybe try it to whitelist 1080p@ 60, 59,94, 50, 23,98 and 24. Bevause the internal grabber got issues by some refresh rate on the pi4.

• So from what I understand there is no solution yet for proper running 4k content with Hyperion through software grabbing? It works perfectly for all my content 1080p or lower, even streaming services like Netflix. But I have some 4k content and would of course love to turn on Hyperion when watching that.

However I also get the HDMI signal drops and green LEDs and so far nothing I've read and done have fully fixed this. Is this a known limitation and is it being worked on? Or are there no plans to support 4k properly (on a Pi 4) using software grabbing?

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• Puck,

If I am not wrong I read on forum of Le that this problem is by rpi foundation and not by Le.

so hope that they will come with some fix.

• Yeah I seem to have read something about that as well. But 4k works fine without Hyperion so I guess running both causes the issue somehow?

HyperHDR & HASS on Raspberry Pi 4 | 4K 4:4:4 Grabber 60hz | Wemos D1 Mini - 221 LEDS (WLED UDP) | LG OLED55B6V | Denon AVR-X3700H | Nvidia Shield Pro | PlayStation 4 Pro

• The rpi4 is different that all the pi’s they came out. Because the FHD to 4k

so this is very new product for rpi self. They need to figure things out. Thats the thing what I also read.

what I dont understand is: why could we not set our resolution on 3840*2160
    Without hyperion on it.

• what I dont understand is: why could we not set our resolution on 3840*2160
    Without hyperion on it.

What do you mean? 4k runs fine without Hyperion enabled.

• Screen resolution of kodi itself. Why is 3840x2160 not possible. If we set to that then we get errors with freezing

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!