Hyperion on Raspberry Pi 5 with LibreELEC

• Raspberry Pi 5

• 2.4GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU:

aarch64.deb

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks! Thats a good start...

This brings me to the next issue:

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas what to do?

OK....i copied the missing files from my debian system... hyperion seems to run :)

...but LEDs are not lighting up as expected :)

..LEDS not working was actually a ground issue...

Hyperion works fine on RPI5 with Libreelec!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von chromo23 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by chromo23 into this post.

• Hey,

sorry for answering so late...

Unfortunately i deleted the bash file but i tried to reproduce the changes by memory...

You can find the install script and the missing lib files here:

GitHub - chromoxdor/Hyperion-RPi5: install script with missing lib files
    install script with missing lib files. Contribute to chromoxdor/Hyperion-RPi5 development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

After running libreelec.sh, the files of the folder "missing libs" need to be copied to the hyperion/lib folder

• ist it possible to tun hyperion on pi5? And does internal grabber work?

Yes, this it wat this post is about. If the internal grabber work i can not tell since i use a usb grabber

Try to install it via the provided script....

late edits seem not to be allowed here.. so in my previous post: post=thread

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von chromo23 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by chromo23 into this post.

• I thought I could shed some light on chromo23's post. I am not a power user and I have spent my evening working through the basic information here. LibreElec is a barebones Linux which is why you can't use any command lines that use "sudo" or "apt-get".

There is this link that does work on pi4 and older it calls up script that does work in place of sudo and apt-get commands. It won't work on a Pi5. chromo23 took the script used in the forum url below and modified it to work with pi 5

Install Hyperion on LibreElec pi4 and older

Here is what I did:

You will need an SSH client and filezilla

Download the files chromo23 posted and put them in a folder on your desktop:

updated script and missing libs

Download this Hyperion version and put it in a folder on your desktop:

Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7l.tar.gz

With filezilla log on to your pi. settings are typically

Protocol: SFTP

Host: your pi's IP

port 22

Once logged onto you pi with FileZilla navigate to /storage in the file structure. Drag libreelec.sh and Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7I.tar.gz there.

With your SSH client log onto your pi.

Run the following commands:

Make chromo23's Script Executable: chmod +x libreelec.sh

Execute the Script with Hyperion version as an argument: ./libreelec.sh Hyperion-2.0.15-Linux-armv7l.tar.gz

With filezilla navigate to: /storage/hyperion/lib and drag all the files in the missing lib folder there. Filezilla asked if I wanted to overwrite some files, I choose to skip the files that were already there.

open a tab on your browser and enter: http://your_pi_IP:8090/#dashboard

For me this appears to work. I ran out of time to test Hyperion's functionality but the web GUI did load and seemed ok. My apologies if that was hard to read or unclear, I have never tried to spread my knowledge in any forum.

• Hyperion läuft nun leider bekomme ich den ws2812b mit levelshifter nicht angesteuert hat wer ne idee oder bilder einer funktionierenden Konfiguration ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

gruß pclin

• Hey guys I'm also using a pi5 with the latest 32bit Pi OS.

I'm not a very experienced user, so I need detailed help. Sorry.

Is there any chance to get hyperion running on the Pi 5? I get always the meesage that the hyperion package can't be found. The warning messages mention that arm64 and armhf are not supported.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

• RPI5 is native 64bit, and arm64 (aarch64) packages are then correct.

Why are you using a 32bit OS that doesn't take full advantage of the RPI?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• hi pclin, i was trying several variant to run Kodi and Hyperion. The latest try was the 32-bit version.
    Right now it took another sd card and installed librelec. Trying now to get Kodi and Hyperion running on this OS.

• Hi, trying to install hyperion.ng on Libreelec 11.0.5 RPi5 but getting only this:

LibreELEC (official): 11.0.5 (RPi5.arm)

KODI:~ # curl -sSL https://releases.hyperion-project.org/install | bash

INFO : Identified distribution "libreelec"

INFO : Start GitHub release installation.

INFO : Latest GibHub release identified: 2.0.16

ERROR: Download URL was not resolved.

is hyperion not working on Pi5 at the moment or not supporting Pi5 installation?

OK, got it to work with that script and V2.0.16 (without adding missing libs) on Pi5

Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von emc2 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by emc2 into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!